Football 2010-2011

Guest eFestivals

We've had far worse transfers anyway. El Hadji Diouf for £10m stands out. That would be £25m or something in today's terms.

El Hadj Diouf turned out to be the good signing of the the pair of donkeys that Houllier (I think?) signed back then. Salif D..? turned out worse.

To be fair they'd both just had an excellent world cup. But when are managers going to stop falling into that trap? :lol:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

El Hadj Diouf turned out to be the good signing of the the pair of donkeys that Houllier (I think?) signed back then. Salif D..? turned out worse.

To be fair they'd both just had an excellent world cup. But when are managers going to stop falling into that trap? :lol:

Was tongue in cheek.

I know he was fairly interested in trying it although funds (Hicks & Gillet) probably dictated otherwise. He definitely wanted him.

We've had far worse transfers anyway. El Hadji Diouf for £10m stands out. That would be £25m or something in today's terms.

You were interested until you found out about his medical issues.

I can only assume that Stoke are overlooking these now - possibly feel that not taking the risk on Ba with his injury record was a mistake?

The spitter was/is a **** regardless of his footballing ability (or not).

I think that's harsh. Sullivan I'd totally agree with you, Gold though, very different person

I don't like Brady either, but then she is just an employee and doesn't own the club. Sullivan is a vulgar man, who is obnoxious, boastful, and likes the sound of his own voice. The clothes he wears, his mansion in Theydon Bois, everything about him is the opposite of class. Plus, he may know how to run a business, but he knows f**k all about football.

Where as Gold is much more reserved, he sits in the background and doesn't ram his money down anyone else's throat and he's not continually giving sound bites to the press solely because he likes the sound of his own voice. Plus, he played the game to a decent standard before going into business, which comes through when interviewed. No, were Gold solely in charge I wouldn't have too much of a problem.

The rumours seem to be that parker is going to chelsea. I think Parker is a talented player and would do reat at a team like villa or everton. I however felt last season his talent was greatly exagerated by the fact the players alongside him were so poor. I felt it was a poor reflection on the british game that the journalists voted him player of the year and it would be hard to see the spanish or italian media voting for a similar type of player. I feel at his age returning to be a squad player is not what he should be doing and I feel this is how he would end up at chelsea. Also at a lower team his leadrship skills which he undoubtedly has can shine through, with the big personalities in the chelsea team, I suspect these qualities would be diluted to the extent they would be almost non existent.

So Tevez on his way to Corinthians then. For 40 million!! :blink:

The current biggest deal in South American football history is 13 milliion for...... Tevez to Corinthians in 2005...... 40 mill is....err.... astonishing....baffling...

Something smells a bit fishy to me....

"What the hell is going on here?"

Biff_confused.jpg

City are taking the league for 'king MUGS if they think a £40,000,000 transfer to any South American club is credible.

John Henry's comment about their sponsorship deal was telling:

"What was the failed bid like?"