Portable Hair Straighteners

Guest barkley87

Now I know I'm going to get a lot of backlash for this (that i'll just ignore anyway, so please don't bother), but does anyone know any battery powered/portable hair straighteners that actually work?

After many years of going to festivals and having mad frizzy cave-woman hair after the first night, I would like to be able to actually look acceptable. I naturally have really thick, curly hair, and I don't plan on washing it while I'm there, so they don't need to do a full curly-straight hair session. I'd just like something to straighten out my fringe and tone the mad waves and frizz down a bit every day.

I was thinking about getting these and charging them up before I leave. They say they last 50mins once they're charged. Thoughts? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by barkley87

Now I know I'm going to get a lot of backlash for this (that i'll just ignore anyway, so please don't bother), but does anyone know any battery powered/portable hair straighteners that actually work?

After many years of going to festivals and having mad frizzy cave-woman hair after the first night, I would like to be able to actually look acceptable. I naturally have really thick, curly hair, and I don't plan on washing it while I'm there, so they don't need to do a full curly-straight hair session. I'd just like something to straighten out my fringe and tone the mad waves and frizz down a bit every day.

I was thinking about getting these and charging them up before I leave. They say they last 50mins once they're charged. Thoughts? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Might be a bit cheeky but i'm sure if you went to one of the stalls/tents in the Green Fields or somewhere near there the holders would be good enough to let you plug them in.

Maybe offer them a fiver for the trouble? It'd still work out cheaper than buying a rechargable set especially for the festival.

Edited by Ponyegg

There are at least 2 hairdressers on site as far as I am aware.

And at Download - ok this isnt as helpful but I thought it was cool all the same - at the main shower block which was free, you could pay to use the supplied hairdryers and straighteners in a special area.

If your hair is long enough consider maybe going to a hairdressers before the fest and get it put up in a way that it wont come undone.

NomiNaomi did this last year, had a mega french pleat/plait thing done and she had perfect hair, well put up all weekemnd and looked stunning at all times.

Having curly but fine hair myself, I can give you the benefit of my experience. Gas powered straighteners don't work well for me as they don't get hot enough. So, I wear my hair in plaits then use Braun's combo hot brush/straightener for my fringe. That works ok.

In stock at Amazon for £25: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-C31S-Smoothstyler-Cordless-Moisturising/dp/B000H5VBLA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1276693072&sr=8-2

If you really NEED straight hair (and by God, I understand TOTALL!), then your only option is a portable battery pack. I believe you'll need a 500W inverter for straighteners/hairdryers. You'll get up to 3 hours from one charge. Halfords sell them, but you'll need to fork out around £80. I decided I wasn't that desperate. Glasto's not exactly a fashion parade, especially by the Sunday ;)

thanks everyone!

i've decided to buy the ones from ebay, because then at least i can take them to other festivals and i don't have to rely on finding hair stalls. I'm going on public transport so a big battery pack is pretty much out of the question too! i'm just hoping they'll arrive by monday...

i'm also going to take some curling mousse (70p in boots!) and a water mist spray thing in case i just give up. that way at least i can try and stave off the frizz in favour of curls.

i'm packing a bandana as well in case everything just goes wrong, haha!

I'd recommend taking some Lee Stafford Dehumidifier too - it's sort of conditioning spray (rather than fixing hairspray) in a pink can, and they do small travel-sized ones.

Keeps your hair straighter for longer, forms a barrier against evening dampness and even light rain. Brilliant for avoiding frizz!

I'd recommend taking some Lee Stafford Dehumidifier too - it's sort of conditioning spray (rather than fixing hairspray) in a pink can, and they do small travel-sized ones.

Keeps your hair straighter for longer, forms a barrier against evening dampness and even light rain. Brilliant for avoiding frizz!