Work on Monday?

Guest Old Blue

Hey all

Just wondered how many others have work on Monday and are going to have to leave the festival before its finished on Sunday.

It looks like I need to get a 9pm train on Sunday evening in order to get back to London before the trains stop running.

Anyone else in same situation? How long's it likely to take to get from festival site to train situation on way back? Or indeed from the tents to the bus stop for that matter?

Am I going to end up missing most of the good stuff on Sunday :(

I always book Monday off so I can make the most of it (and Tuesday so I can recover). The Sunday night always feels a bit flat as lots of people leave. The Dhol Foundation rocked those of us that were left last year with the Bhangra beats (honestly didn't think I'd like them, was killing time until the silent disco but they were one of the highlights of the festival!). I guess it depends how much you're into Seth Lakeman and the other Sunday acts.

I always book Monday off so I can make the most of it (and Tuesday so I can recover). The Sunday night always feels a bit flat as lots of people leave. The Dhol Foundation rocked those of us that were left last year with the Bhangra beats (honestly didn't think I'd like them, was killing time until the silent disco but they were one of the highlights of the festival!). I guess it depends how much you're into Seth Lakeman and the other Sunday acts.

Old Blue... if your train is at 9bells on sunday, be careful...the buses only run once an hour on sundays,i dontknow what times though so you better be all apcked up and ready by tea time i suppose.

You will find that sunday nights at fests are "quieter" for the obvious reasons---its all the school teachers conscientiously getting back to graft :lol:

You will find Friday night to heave...cos punters get there and get lashed up sharpish like and its all buzzin etc.... Sat starts a bit quieter but also busier cos the Day Trippers come in then...so its slightly different,but then the lash kicks in once again and the atmosphere is great.

Sunday, as stated is a bit different as you see the patches of grass where fellow festivallers were once camped..thats YOU that is OB..see that small patch of yellowing grass? Well OB was camped there before he had to return to the Capital to educate the masses.

ANYWAY... you are a teacher---you should have a CAR! Bugger yer carbon hush puppies man.

Please DO go to the Disco Silente--you`ve got to have copious lash before though,right!

Honest, you`ll love it and you will cekkle yer knapper off, esp thinking about these posts....

:lol:

den

Old Blue... if your train is at 9bells on sunday, be careful...the buses only run once an hour on sundays,i dontknow what times though so you better be all apcked up and ready by tea time i suppose.

You will find that sunday nights at fests are "quieter" for the obvious reasons---its all the school teachers conscientiously getting back to graft :lol:

You will find Friday night to heave...cos punters get there and get lashed up sharpish like and its all buzzin etc.... Sat starts a bit quieter but also busier cos the Day Trippers come in then...so its slightly different,but then the lash kicks in once again and the atmosphere is great.

Sunday, as stated is a bit different as you see the patches of grass where fellow festivallers were once camped..thats YOU that is OB..see that small patch of yellowing grass? Well OB was camped there before he had to return to the Capital to educate the masses.

ANYWAY... you are a teacher---you should have a CAR! Bugger yer carbon hush puppies man.

Please DO go to the Disco Silente--you`ve got to have copious lash before though,right!

Honest, you`ll love it and you will cekkle yer knapper off, esp thinking about these posts....

:lol:

den

Totally OT I'm afraid. But I had to ask.

Den, I've just been watching the new 40 Years of Glasto video on the BBC site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0085t7d

Is that your flag at 01:05 ?