Fascists on the arena gates!

Guest Yaargh 'tis so

Just wondering if we have to put up with the fascists on the gates to the main arena again this year like we did last year?

The Oxfam stewards around the site are lovely but the Jack booted idiots on gates demanding access to my personal property and invading my private space are not :P

I wouldn't mind but people were blatantly carrying in rucksacks full of beer and wine (You only need to look at the bulges and see the weight on their arms to know that :P ) and weren't being stopped because they looked like middle class family types :P

Perhaps I should just get my self some beige slacks and lose my sense of dancing rythm this year :lol::lol:

Just wondering if we have to put up with the fascists on the gates to the main arena again this year like we did last year?

The Oxfam stewards around the site are lovely but the Jack booted idiots on gates demanding access to my personal property and invading my private space are not :P

I wouldn't mind but people were blatantly carrying in rucksacks full of beer and wine (You only need to look at the bulges and see the weight on their arms to know that :P ) and weren't being stopped because they looked like middle class family types :P

Perhaps I should just get my self some beige slacks and lose my sense of dancing rythm this year :lol::lol:

...and what about battered cod - beige slacks or not you ain't gettin' past my watchful eye

with one o'them, sunshine !

I'm just thankful that I don't have to fumble through 'larmer buggies' being pushed by 'certain' northerners - we all know what sort of 'delights' are hidden under the kid's blanket, don't we Mr.Denini !

Marooned - one week away from wearing the Day Glo Vest of Destiny

I think the nickin spree of 2 years ago was endemic that season with what seemed organised gangs doing the rounds...and it was then perpetuated the following year by gossip mongers etc on forums like this and rumours.

We have discussed the security issues haven`t we.

If i leave some stuff outside me tent/caravan and go to bed drunk---- and next morning find stuff gone--whilst i`d be pissed off thinking that some fellow festivallers had swiped it---i would only blame mesell.

IMO you shouldn`t take items to fests that you "cant afford to lose".

Cash is a differentr matter of course--and the logic that the thieves used was classic---- hit em on the 1st night... the punters get pissed quick and have most money then etc etc.

What can security do as such? They cant be everywhere can they--but i suppose a "!presence" acts as a detterent.

I remember that van rolling around...is that what its come to? Thats why the tickets are so expensive more like.

I`ve never had any negative incidents with Wychwood Facists personally (but i have at Larmer Tree...remember Masher???..The Boy J with me JD--bastards)..and i do subscribe to ---if you look ok ie slacks and cardy round yer neck---yer more likely to "get away" with stuff.

Lets all get to Primani and get some cheaps slacks eh...

den

Don't get me started on the Larmer Tree Dress Code - all those Verwood Tractors up for Jools, ignoring the no drink, no chairs, no fkn blankets rules - no, stick it all there and we'll all yak 5 yards away through every act, about Hermione's French Classes and Julian's new 4x4. Sod the Festival - we've loadsa money.........look at the quaint Northerner with his confiscated Jack Daniels, how awful !

Tied myself in knots with this rant - help, where's me vest ? Where's me cardy...............

Don't get me started on the Larmer Tree Dress Code - all those Verwood Tractors up for Jools, ignoring the no drink, no chairs, no fkn blankets rules - no, stick it all there and we'll all yak 5 yards away through every act, about Hermione's French Classes and Julian's new 4x4. Sod the Festival - we've loadsa money.........look at the quaint Northerner with his confiscated Jack Daniels, how awful !

Tied myself in knots with this rant - help, where's me vest ? Where's me cardy...............

Have to say (although not quite as negative as the OP) I wasn't happy with the sudden appearance of gated checkpoints and the removal of alcohol last year.

I know it said in the info please refrain from taking alcohol into the arena in previous years, but to suddenly go from that not being enforced to quite a draconian enforcement without a bit more warning from the organisers (even a thread on this forum to say such was heppening would have been nice :P) was a bit of a bind. Some of the bring beer budget could of been re-allocated to the buy beer there budget

The mockery of the whole exercise was, though, as the OP stated that people were blatantly flouting the ban but were allowed to continuosly get away with it.

For the record, I wil never ever ever ever ever ever ever wear a pair of beige Chinos-come-cargo pants to sneak beer into a festival without being searched. I don't care if it's £5 a pint (actually I'd have to consider that :P) I have standards!!!! :P

Edited by ElNobo

Just amending my packing to include plenty of beige slacks. My wife just bought me a really nice pair of dark green sort of cargoish trouser things from Fat Face, but now I am feeling self conscious about wearing them. The bottom 5 inches zip off, so they would be ideal, but you are making me feel like I will be conforming to a stereotype :P

Oh well, who cares, it's going to be a great weekend, and if my cargo pants help me get a 3 litre bag of Westons 7% cider past marooned then I've had the last laugh :P I promise to buy beer and cider too, I just like to save a bit of ££ to buy other stuff.

See you in Cheltenham :P

2701130236_b7eba43187_m.jpg

This is what yer need. An all-in-one vehicle allowing unlimited potential :P

Course---you need to have had The Sex so as to provide the required offspring to enable such cunning plans.

:P

Marooned _ I might identify myself to you on Sunday if you have not sussed me out, as I am also working at EoTR later in the year. Although Sunday evening is a favourite for sneaking in that last lot of Westons, so perhaps I will try to remain incognito all weekend :P

Den - we have plenty of kids, but all are over 6 so we no longer need to take any buggy's for them. I have to say, I spotted you last year and your buggy was truly impressive!!

Den - we have plenty of kids, but all are over 6 so we no longer need to take any buggy's for them. I have to say, I spotted you last year and your buggy was truly impressive!!

Den..........I've been the same , shy but I was born in the north and brought up in the north. Last year you even sat next to me but me mate had just poured his second pint of beer over the missus and she was so rajjjed - even though it was coincidental 2 accidents... that I was too embarassed....oohh allow me to introduce myself to the Greatdenini......seen you comig out of Dalby after Quo.....almost feel as tho' I am stalkin you. But time is passing and so time to say hello.......... :P

....northern lightweights !

Just me, Shugie and my booze-smugglin' buddies then. You'll be missed Den, well do I remember our first face to face by the Pims Bus, when you drank me out of Lidljuice and yer missus keeled over at Kate Rusby's knee.

PLEASE, tell me you'll be at Larner Tree, I'll be getting a tin hat to go with my even posher day glo vest.

Larmer Tree with only the Mohican Mechanic to talk to - surely not ?

....northern lightweights !

Just me, Shugie and my booze-smugglin' buddies then. You'll be missed Den, well do I remember our first face to face by the Pims Bus, when you drank me out of Lidljuice and yer missus keeled over at Kate Rusby's knee.

PLEASE, tell me you'll be at Larner Tree, I'll be getting a tin hat to go with my even posher day glo vest.

Larmer Tree with only the Mohican Mechanic to talk to - surely not ?

The Oxfam stewards around the site are lovely but the Jack booted idiots on gates demanding access to my personal property and invading my private space are not :angry:

I wouldn't mind but people were blatantly carrying in rucksacks full of beer and wine (You only need to look at the bulges and see the weight on their arms to know that <_< ) and weren't being stopped because they looked like middle class family types :(

Perhaps I should just get my self some beige slacks and lose my sense of dancing rythm this year :(:(

hmmm - so much there to take issue with...

Oxfam don't provide stewards for Wychwood these days. It did in the first few years, but doesn't now.

The change in emphasis on the arena entrance started in 2008 and is directly to do with the licensing requirements. If it's not enforced then it affects the application for a licence in subsequent years.

Those 'jackbooted idiots' are volunteers and will, in the main, be attempting to maintain their smiles in the face of clever types who think they have a right to flout the rules and will go to extreme lengths to do so. (see the FAQs here for info http://www.wychwoodfestival.com/information/other-faqs/)

I covered the shift on Staurday evening in 2008 and most people were understanding and co-operative. Most Wychwood-goers are.

BTW I'm not generally a sensitive soul, but on this occasion I have to say that the use of 'f' word offends me.