Zane Lowe tonight anyone hear it?

Guest Alf Tupper

Listened to this hip hop track tonight on Zanes evening show and it caught the imagination in a big way and wondered if anyone else has heard it?

A couple of thoughts, slightly haunting melody and really quite powerful charting the guys life.

I can only really compare him with Eminem, and cant recall a track rammed with so many lyrics and wondered how on earth he could pull this off live!.

You can listen to it here

Share your thoughts lovely people :P

one of the greatest artists of his kind.
Edited by Alf Tupper

Sage Francis is my favourite artist of any kind, from any time. I've been into his music for the best part of 10 years now. It's really pleasing to see a few more people taking this track on board, and for it to get some mainstream radio airplay in this country is mindblowing. He's taken a bit of a step towards populism and the mainstream with this song and the new album, but I still think it's a wonderful track. I've playing Best Of Times on my Saturday night show on efestivals radio for about a month now.

If you're interested in hearing more of his stuff, then I'd recommend starting with his first full album Personal Journals, an absolute work of genius.

First time I've ever seen anyone else mention his name on here, brought a big, proud smile to my face.

Also, Alf, believe me he definitely pulls it off live!

for more see: www.strangefamous.com

Edited by Dog Burger

I LOVE Sage Francis so f**king much. This thread got me excited that he was playing Glastonbury. Damn you. The man is a f**king legend.

edit - whoever said he was shit, you lose, big time. Personal Journals, A Healthy Distrust, Human The Death Dance, and all the mix tapes rule. I find it amazing how big Eminem is (who I also like) when someone this good is virtually unknown... I wish he'd just ever play the bloody uk.

Edited by Salt_On_Everything