Best trolly or device for carrying stuff from car to campsite?

Guest Ruby77

Does anyone have any tips on which trollies are best to help transport stuff from the car?

Was looking at wheelbarrows but that wont fit in the car.

Also looking at those old ladies shopping trollies but not big enough.

Any other ideas? The cheaper the better!

Thanks

Does anyone have any tips on which trollies are best to help transport stuff from the car?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

My advice? Shanks' pony. I tried the trolley gig two years running - once with a horse feed trolley, the next with a sturdy builders one. It's seriously not worth the effort, with all the deep dried tractor ruts and/or mud. You'll be dead from exhaustion by the time u get to your camp.

Best make a few leisurely trips by foot to the car - it's a long way, but easier with a lighter load.

we use a wheelbarrow and it folds down quite small.i know it was called a festival wheelbarrow!! :P

I agree there's a certain threshold were you have to make the jump to a trolley of some kind.

But if you can limit yourself to what fits in a rucksack, and two bags that'll hang from your arms without touching the floor, then that's the way to go.

A good rucksack clips around your waist so that almost all the weight is carried on your hips. The shoulder straps are just to stop it toppling backwards. It's a really effortless way to carry a lot of weight, and your feet are much better on rough ground than wheels are.

One thing to bear in mind is that if you have so much stuff that you can't carry it and need a trolley and then that trolley breaks then you are a bit screwed. The entrance to the festival site is always littered with bits of dead trolley!

I got my sack truck (with big wheels) from Macro

I HTFU and carry it all on my back and in my arms. All my stuff, the tent, and 5 crates of lager. I'm a 21 year old male who weighs 9 stone, Russell Brand's jeans would look skinny on me. When i get to Glasto though i turn into Hulk Hogan and carry all my stuff a mile up hill in mud in one go, people watch me with open mouths.

I HTFU and carry it all on my back and in my arms. All my stuff, the tent, and 5 crates of lager. I'm a 21 year old male who weighs 9 stone, Russell Brand's jeans would look skinny on me. When i get to Glasto though i turn into Hulk Hogan and carry all my stuff a mile up hill in mud in one go, people watch me with open mouths.
Edited by Salt_On_Everything

I am at a cross roads as to whether to get a garden trolley or not. Most years it's been whatever I can carry on my back and over the years, as I've got older, I need more comforts. The 7 crates of beer attached to a B&Q sack truck last year was a *nightmare* and wrecked my hands by the time we got it from the carpark to the campsite. £50 for the trolley though...

I am at a cross roads as to whether to get a garden trolley or not. Most years it's been whatever I can carry on my back and over the years, as I've got older, I need more comforts. The 7 crates of beer attached to a B&Q sack truck last year was a *nightmare* and wrecked my hands by the time we got it from the carpark to the campsite. £50 for the trolley though...