2011 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to see Kasabian headline, I can see they're big but there are plenty of acts that could do a better job and not attract a bunch of dicks with them and R&L definately doesn't need anymore dicks.

Seasick Steve would never agree to play that far down on the NME Stage- he pulled out of V last year for being asked to play below Taylor Swift in a mid-afternoon slot on the main stage, and returned this year to play 5th from top on the main stage, so would definitely want a similar slot at R&L.

There's no way Kasabian won't headline Reading and Leeds. I know some people aren't huge fans of them, but sadly FR don't take personal opinions of a few people on a band into consideration when they decide who headlines.

If that was the case, Weezer and Limp Bizkit would have headlined this year. :P

There's no way Kasabian won't headline Reading and Leeds. I know some people aren't huge fans of them, but sadly FR don't take personal opinions of a few people on a band into consideration when they decide who headlines.

If that was the case, Weezer and Limp Bizkit would have headlined this year. :P

Unless Kasabian have got a new album out by next year I can't really see them headlining. It'll have been two years since their third album was released by 2011, and though they're big enough to headline, I think they'd rather wait until their fourth albums out to headline, rather than next year, where the performance would be in danger of being flat.

What was wrong with Franz in 06? I remember the festival selling out very quickly and the performance was half decent I suppose. 2 albums isn't a great amount but had enough to fill 90 minutes simple enough and popular enough to get a crowd. Job done for the FR or Mean Fiddler should I say. Cnt remember the Darkness performace tbh so can't comment on that. And if Kasabian can headline T and V then they can headline R and L. How can they possibly be more ready for it? Known as one of the best live bands around, 3 solid albums, have a fair amount of well known singles and most importantly will be able to bring crowds through the gates. They seem perfect to me.

Edited by jump

Yes, the reason the festival was sold out was soley due to Franz :rolleyes:

It's just another flash in the pan headliner, they are big enough but far from perfect though.

*edit*

Just realised that you didn't understand "last longer", once the have headlined they've gone backwards in popularity and not how long they had played for.

Err did I say it sold solely due to Franz? I'm sure that them being there didn't hinder the festival in anyway though. And their day tickets sold out I think so fair play to em.

It doesn't matter that they've gone backwards in popularity! They were popular enough at the time therefore it was perfectly okay for them to headline. Do you want FR to wait say five years for a band to prove their headlining credentials and that they can stay here to prove their not a flash in th pan act? Why should they do that and wait for the cost of booking them to increase? Thier a money making organisation who live in real terms and couldn't care as long as tickets are sold which a band such as Kasabian would do. Perfect to headline? It sounds like musical snobbery to me. It's a mainstream festival with the main intention of selling out as quickly as possible. Thats all. It doesn't need bigging up as something that requires some 'musical level' to be able to headline it.