The Headliners are

Guest keese46

Blink could have no way headlined before they split and it doesn't mean shit if they were the soundtrack of your generation, they just didn't sell enough albums and tour tickets to justify a headline spot. And The killers weretn't a stupid booking at all, at the time they could have been said as been the biggest headliner in 08

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes because this year glastonbury and download has blown them out the water, so now we're stuck with second best headliners of Blink who are no where near big enough to headline, libertines who couldn't headline when they were apprently massive back in the day and Arcade Fire who most people havn't even herd of

I remain confident that the AF info was good just one month ago. I can't see a band that's been booked as a headliner being happy to be bumped down.

I've just remembered that someone mailed me about a month ago and said that Pete Doherty had been in to the shop where she worked to buy a TV, and had said the Libs were headlining. I thought it was more likely he was on drugs. :P:P

Blink could have no way headlined before they split and it doesn't mean shit if they were the soundtrack of your generation, they just didn't sell enough albums and tour tickets to justify a headline spot. And The killers weretn't a stupid booking at all, at the time they could have been said as been the biggest headliner in 08

Although a bigger and healthier looking announcement, I would have prefered Blink, AF and another when compared with the libertines and GnR. I mean I know they are bigger.

For me though GnR are one of those bands that I absolutely hate, we all have them, and although I like all that the libertines have done I just don't get excited about seeing them. I was happy with last years three headliners. I was ecstatic in 08. But 2010 is very meh for me personally.

Does this mean that bands like Biffy get bumped further down the bill then? Or will it be a straight replacement for the other supposed 'would be' headliners.

I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt now tbh. I dunno what to tell my friends regarding who is/ is not playing because judging by the two differences between efests and Kesse46 headliners would attract different friends.

I remain confident that the AF info was good just one month ago. I can't see a band that's been booked as a headliner being happy to be bumped down.

I've just remembered that someone mailed me about a month ago and said that Pete Doherty had been in to the shop where she worked to buy a TV, and had said the Libs were headlining. I thought it was more likely he was on drugs. :P:P

Could this throw Blink's headliner status into uncertainty?

Blink is the one act that me and the OP agree on.

Further backing them up as headlining, I have info from another good source that Paramore are playing 2nd on the bill to them.

I don't think there's any doubt about Blink, whatever the situation might be for the other days.

I don't believe the Libs will play.

Both Babyshambles and Pete (solo) are doing a few European festivals in July.

Surely rehersal time for a band that haven't played together since 2003/04?