The Headliners are

Guest keese46

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be negative here and say iam not impressed! This is very realistic aswell, especialy going back to that jay z argument fron earlier it had to be g n r! The libertines! Really!? I mean are they good enough to headline I don't think so at all. I mean pete doherty is a twat, always will be and babyshambles wernt much better live either! I'd be really annoyed at this years headliners if this is true, they must be able to do better then this! Apart from guns I think it's pretty weak, font get me wrong I actualy really like blink since growing up to them but surely they could do better then this!

They've done very well to keep The Libertines under wraps if that's true. Interesting twist if it's right- be interested to see what Neil thinks of it.

I've heard (tho a while ago) what should have been accurate info on Libertines - that there was an agreement in place for 2011 and not 2010.

If they really are playing this year then I simply can't believe that this is a booking that's been in place since last August, which is what people have said Melvin has said.

to be fair, my mate who absolutely loves GnR has showed me a few vids - they are on form atm! his singing is good, they're playing mammoth sets & just generally sound good.

Personally though I still can't get excited by the prospect of seeing them =/

In fairness I was starting to doubt the MCR thing down to the lack of singles released for the new album. If they were gonna be announced as headliners, you would expect a hit single to have already been released to justify the booking.

That said, Libertines would be best left in the past, maybe we'll get lucky and Doherty will spend his share of the, probably extortionate fee on an overdose :P

GNR isn't GNR anymore, so that's hardly a power play either. Even if these headliners are perceived as big enough bands, doesn't mean they're good bookings.

I don't know how you can't percieve these as good bookings Lithium when you thought AF, MCR and Blink were. Especially when you said you weren't a fan of AF, your just pratically saying that MCR is a better booking than GNR and the Libertines which is fairly shit. And to say the libertines should be left in the past but praising the booking of blink! Blink came out with pop punk at the times extremly childish and if anything should be left in the past its them. Actually growing up and still singing songs about having it off with a dog and doing silly childish videos whilst in their 30's, I reckon they should be left in the past if anybody is.

Thanks for the info too. I reckon these would be very good bookings for the fest. I probably wouldn't watch GNR, I can't stand the pale imitation of the line up that it's become but would definitly watch the Libertines and maybe Blink depending on whos at the nme. I can't see why they wouldn't put the prices up if those were the three headliners tho which they have been quoted as saying. I'll be taking the info with a pinch of salt but having the info right in the past is making me think I maybe be having a good fest again.

Edited by stylishkids

info I'm getting back from a normally spot on source is that one of the headliners is defo Arcade Fire. I know where the info has been sourced from ultimately, and there's no reason to doubt it .... unless things have been changed very recently.

From the same source I'm getting huge doubts about the Libs.

I've no reason to doubt what I'm being told. Unless things have been changed recently.

I've heard (tho a while ago) what should have been accurate info on Libertines - that there was an agreement in place for 2011 and not 2010.

If they really are playing this year then I simply can't believe that this is a booking that's been in place since last August, which is what people have said Melvin has said.

Say g n r close on Sunday does that mean at Leeds they've got either blink or libertines closing!? That doesent seem right to me I hope to god this is wrong! Libertines and whatever band pete is in is not worth a bloody penny, your actually going to pay to see that waste of a space junkie while he goes spending it all on a house of crack! Come on serioulsy! This makes me very angry! Can't be right yet this seems very feasible to me

Edited by Superficial ant

info I'm getting back from a normally spot on source is that one of the headliners is defo Arcade Fire. I know where the info has been sourced from ultimately, and there's no reason to doubt it .... unless things have been changed very recently.

From the same source I'm getting huge doubts about the Libs.

I've no reason to doubt what I'm being told. Unless things have been changed recently.

When i was asking about the headliners a few months ago, i heard they hadnt got anyone apart from Blink and possibly Green Day and Linkin Park.

This is new definately

Thanks. I'm digging where I can to find out anything more I can.

I don't disbeleive you as such, and have checked your post history, but at the same time I don't know you from adam, and it's the case that some of what you've posted previously was known anyway. My own sources are known and trusted, with a long history of good info.

Thanks. I'm digging where I can to find out anything more I can.

I don't disbeleive you as such, and have checked your post history, but at the same time I don't know you from adam, and it's the case that some of what you've posted previously was known anyway. My own sources are known and trusted, with a long history of good info.

yes because this year glastonbury and download has blown them out the water, so now we're stuck with second best headliners of Blink who are no where near big enough to headline, libertines who couldn't headline when they were apprently massive back in the day and Arcade Fire who most people havn't even herd of

Could it not be that GnR and libertines (with pete in and out of court) are so unreliable that they needed a plan b, they sorted out sub headliners such as arcade fire and mcr that could possible headline if they couldn't secure them or pete went on a drug bender the weekend of the festival. Libertines could sub could they not?

Blink could have no way headlined before they split and it doesn't mean shit if they were the soundtrack of your generation, they just didn't sell enough albums and tour tickets to justify a headline spot. And The killers weretn't a stupid booking at all, at the time they could have been said as been the biggest headliner in 08