The Headliners are

Guest keese46

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked his history, and it checks out :P. All the other threads he posted in too were the exact same thing, people not believing him.

That is a pretty epic set of headliners though, especially if MCR and Arcade Fire are then subbing too. I'm happy to believe this guy with a pinch of salt :P.

I'm going to be negative here and say iam not impressed! This is very realistic aswell, especialy going back to that jay z argument fron earlier it had to be g n r! The libertines! Really!? I mean are they good enough to headline I don't think so at all. I mean pete doherty is a twat, always will be and babyshambles wernt much better live either! I'd be really annoyed at this years headliners if this is true, they must be able to do better then this! Apart from guns I think it's pretty weak, font get me wrong I actualy really like blink since growing up to them but surely they could do better then this!

In fairness I was starting to doubt the MCR thing down to the lack of singles released for the new album. If they were gonna be announced as headliners, you would expect a hit single to have already been released to justify the booking.

That said, Libertines would be best left in the past, maybe we'll get lucky and Doherty will spend his share of the, probably extortionate fee on an overdose :P

GNR isn't GNR anymore, so that's hardly a power play either. Even if these headliners are perceived as big enough bands, doesn't mean they're good bookings.

Just checked out prev posts, got good record of headliners

Blink and Guns n Roses been on rumours for number of webistes, newspapers and forums

Libertines??? Really, I would of prefer AF and after all my moaning about them.

They got offered 2 million for last year but turned it down according to pete

So taking melvins recent comments into consideration, guns n roses would be the band that's bigger than jay-z

Jay-z around 50 mil albums

GnR around 100 mil

In that case melvin answered the question wrong!

Guns 'n' roses would be prettey good but I'm not really that keen on the other headliners. I do agree though The Libertines are a massive coup but they just seem to be another massively overhyped band like Arctic Monkeys.

Was hoping for the Arcade Fire rumour to follow through because I think that would have been a controversial but great move. At least it's not the same old headliners like KoL, Muse, The Killers etc. who literally headline festivals year after year. The V line up looks truly HIDEOUS by the way.

In fairness I was starting to doubt the MCR thing down to the lack of singles released for the new album. If they were gonna be announced as headliners, you would expect a hit single to have already been released to justify the booking.

That said, Libertines would be best left in the past, maybe we'll get lucky and Doherty will spend his share of the, probably extortionate fee on an overdose :P

GNR isn't GNR anymore, so that's hardly a power play either. Even if these headliners are perceived as big enough bands, doesn't mean they're good bookings.