"One of our headliners is bigger than Jay Z"

Guest DR OK

Stolen from punktastic

At the International Live music conference I worked at from Thursday to Sunday, during Melvin Benns talk he was asked

"Would you ever consider doing what Glastonbury did and have a hip hop headliner like Jay Z?"

To which he replied, "One of our headliners is bigger than Jay Z"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil has catagorically said Eminem will not be there. I think this is a mis-quote personally

Could be GNR. Foo Fighters and Linkin Park are a pretty long shot as outsiders. Or I could be wrong about that other band...

*puts away smug hat just in case*

Edit - R.E.M.?!, Rolling Stones?!..... Please?!

Edited by Lithium05

Could mean anything, any act from any genre to be honest. Or it could be bull. Or even mean that they are taller than Jay Z.

To be fair Efests did say that they didn't know who the third was and that they only speculated MCR.

Beastie Boys would be good, cant see it with one of them just getting over the cancer properly.

Mega

Paul McCartney (at IOW)

Led Zepplin

Rolling Stones

AC/DC (At download / very much doubt)

Pink Floyd

The who

David Bowie

Lesser

Foo's

Eminem

Muse

Green Day

REM

Linkin Park

Meat loaf

Metallica (again)

Soundgarden

SOAD

Bon Jovi (Doubt much)

Rage (again)

Kiss

Impossible

Bob Marley

Tupac

Nirvana

Queen (original)

Michael Jackson

Sex Pistols

Edited by kev1664

The question refers to the festival going in a different direction like glast did with jay. It may mean in hip hop terms, otherwise it maybe something different to last few years. Only hip hop artists bigger than jay are dr dre (more legendary) and eminem in record sales, beastie boys possible. Outside chances kanye but only his ego is bigger than jay, may not be hip hop

Cant believe kiss have been stuck in that mega list.

And I don't really knows what he means by bigger than Jay-Z. In the Uk bands like Kasabian and the Arctics are bigger than him, worldwide no, but I wouldn't come out with a quote for that for AF, Blink or MCR and can't see him coming out with a comment like that for a similar band to the first 2 I mentioned. I think he might be misquoted personally as Lithium said or the only band I can think of is Green Day. Can't see GNR it's very slim imo along with Foo's and I don't think he'd come out with something like that for Linkin Park. So GD or REM maybe but haven't got a clue, I wouldn't mind knowing what other questions were asked. Seems strange that they wouldn't clarify the quote or try to get more information from it.

Edited by stylishkids