'Blur:No Distance Left to Run' on tv

Guest LawskiHoopza

I thought it was really refreshing he dropped the bravado act and actually came across as more of a man by admitting it hurt him. Good on ya Damon! He obviously looks back on his actions with embarassment as most of us would if we looked back on how we acted on things in the past....apart from the Liam G of course, who still has the mind and talent of a 5 year old. :P

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it staggering that anyone could have taken to heart anything that the gallaghers (I think it was noel actually) said. It was painfully obvious they were trying to live up to their "bad boys" stereotype and for a supposedly intelligent fellow like damon albarn to get affected is really bizarre.

Also, did anyone else want to go back in time and scream at a 25 year old Coxon "Just enjoy it you tit"

I just find it staggering that anyone could have taken to heart anything that the gallaghers (I think it was noel actually) said. It was painfully obvious they were trying to live up to their "bad boys" stereotype and for a supposedly intelligent fellow like damon albarn to get affected is really bizarre.

Also, did anyone else want to go back in time and scream at a 25 year old Coxon "Just enjoy it you tit"

Imagine how much worse you'd feel if you had been there, but chose to see the prodigy fax in one of their usual standard gigs only to find out in the morning that you had missed out on a legendary, defining gig on the pyramid stage.

Gutted is not the word!

Parklife

Blur

Escape

Rubbish

Lesuire/Think Tank? Nah, you're alright.

I think I saw them on every tour apart from Think Tank, but just didn't fancy it last year, went up to Flagtopia, sparked up a fat one and watched it all in front of me, like Brigadoon. lovely.

Nuts that you rate Parklife so low. That record will still be listened to in 50 years mate.

Think Tank does have a bit of a Gorillaz tech/beat crossover going on, true. But "File On You" is very Blur. Good to see that at least we both agree "Rubbish" is a fantastic record.

I'm never going to let this one go until I get every last one of the Prodigy goers to admit they had a howler of siesmic proportions.

You hear me, never!

There's terrific sport to be had to watch them squirm and say things like "but...but...but the bass was everso low!" and "but...but...but...firestarter was extra shouty!"

:P

Russy's posts have made me have a good few cheap laughs here too mate. He is a relentless fu*ker when he gets the bit between the teeth.

@Tugger chief youre having a larf right? Longest show ive seen Howlett play has been 1hr20. If "What Evil Lurks" or "G Force" or "Claustrophobic Sting" were dropped at Glasto then I could see where youre coming from. As a Blur fan you made a basic error of judgement. Own up to Russy and me. Don't be coy.

Repeat after me "I fu*ked it up Dave."

Ive yet to see a sinner on eFests admit to it.

NOTE TO ALL LURKERS

I do not want you to come out of hiding to admit to this. Please remain under cover of darkness. It will be better for you to forget this experience or get some counselling. Russy patrols these waters. He will not go easy on you.

The doc was excellent, I also had something in my eye watching it. I heart Graham so much and Damon did come across as a bit of an arrogant bully, but obviously very talented & driven.

Like a few others on here I'd always liked Blur but never seen them, but that headline gig last year was magical. Watched it with one of my best friends while the other half and everyone else was at Prodigy and we were both a mess - it was unbelievably emotional, a real (caution: massive cliche alert) Glasto moment.

AND they played Popscene. Yes!