'Blur:No Distance Left to Run' on tv

Guest LawskiHoopza

was the best feeling ! only thing to beat it was the birh of my son!!!! feeling of first glasto , and the bigest feeling of togetherness !!!!!! made me feel like i never wanna leave te farm ! best sunday night tv ever ! cant wait for this years glasto now . the anti has been majorly upped!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing Cold War Kids at the Park just before Blur's set and I don't think I have ever ran so fast in all my life to get back to the Pyramid in the quickest time.

It was awesome to see the Tender moment again on the film and they gave it the recognition it deserved because it was amazing, and I completely agree - so hard to describe. Lets just say I wasn't much of a fan before but that was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Just amazing.

nope, not in the slightest :P

it looks a great gig. but knowing people that were at both glasto and hyde park, i know i didnt miss out.

and i got to have my ear drums broken by liam and the boys.

no regrets at all mate and given the opportunity, i'd do the same again.

It's unfair to throw around comments about regrets on the night. Both Blur and Prodigy were killer shows for different reasons. Its testament to the quality of last year that people had to make the choice. I know youre not the only one who'd decide to go see the Prodigy again mate. You can't compare the two anyway. One was a complete adrenaline rush and one was an emotional tour-de-force. Utterly different.

However Ive gotta hear the explanation as to how Hyde Park was the preferred show Tugs. I asked this question in the other thread too.

sorry mate, that was russy asking :P

and i haven't (and couldn't) say i preferred the hp show, as you well know. but my bro, the only person i actually know who caught both, loved both, but for different reasons. there's no doubt about the bands love of the GF performance, but there was a whole heap of love at HP that day too.

I'm just so pleased that I was at Glasto to see them play, it was my first time there and it was just meant to be. I'd never seen Blur but liked them since they started, so I had assumed that I'd simply missed out on ever seeing them. I had no idea that it was going to be such a meaningful performance but I'm so glad I was there to see it happen.

No worries. I knew it was the Russmonster getting in the mix.

- - -

Didnt know your brother was at both shows though lad. Good to see at least one person in your family with taste and common sense. :P

The wife saw them play in late '95. Twas 96 before I saw them I'm afraid. They did play "Nite Klub" with Terry Hall that day - and of course it was the world premiere of Song 2.

In fairness I was still a teenager at the time. Unlike your good self squire.

Use this for ID getting into Mile End?

pensionbookST_228x183.jpg

i was tipsily raving about this on another forum earlier. it's the closest to a weird collective consciousness experience as i think i'll ever have. it was actually tangible. i was a blur fan back in the day, not a big one, but i had seen them before. i'd actually been pretty cynical about the reunion, but i have never been so emotional during a gig ever. that one will stay with me.

i've had me some big moments to myself at glasto, to the extent of losing the power of speech, but ive never sensed that the entire crowd felt the same way before.

I saw them at Glastonbury and Hyde Park and while HP was a brilliant concert, glastonbury just had something more. It was definitely a moment to treasure. Magic stuff. Only thing I can remember seeing that had a similar feeling was Radiohead in 1997.

One thing I would add though, after having seen the documentary it did confirm my thoughts that damon albarn is a massive ballsack of a man. Utter helmet.

Made me laugh when he admitted to being upset by liam and noel gallaghers childish jibes too. What a tit

One thing I would add though, after having seen the documentary it did confirm my thoughts that damon albarn is a massive ballsack of a man. Utter helmet.

Made me laugh when he admitted to being upset by liam and noel gallaghers childish jibes too. What a tit