first acts announced

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Wave Pictures are there I put them in my wish list and they are avoided by most festivals. they're going to be excellent. Also happy about The Fall & The Woodentops

none of the other bands excite me a great deal although some I've not heard yet.

doesn't seem to be any sign of headliners right now I see.

Hmm very underwhelming!

I'm happy to see Mumfird and Sons - they were one of the best bands I saw last year.

So what happened to all the acts who have previously appeared at SSW?

I hope we have some good stuff to come.............................

:P not impressed so far ~ been coming to Summer Sundae for years .... big disappointment for the 10th anniversary ... bring on Gomez, Elbow, Calexico. Sunshine underground are ok but please come on!!!! This is a special year! Underwhelmed, Kerry P x :P I think Mumford and sons are ok, heard em thismornin only though ..... GOMEZ!!!!!!!!!!! ELBOW!!!!!!!!! Come on Guy we wanna see you this year PLEEAASE xxxxx Edited by Kerry P

I think thats a pretty solid start!

The whip and sunshine underground are cracking live bands and will definately get everyone going. the go team are up there with the quality dance acts. erland and the carnival is made up from ex verve and paul mccartney fireman band and really really worth a listen to their album.

there's still drowned in sound to announce their line up. and probably couple more headliners to come. fingers crossed for dj yoda

and to steal the glastonbury official slogan "its not just about the bands

hopefully see you all in the orange tree drinking a pint of mojito

ceph

Some good artists in there but nothing of headline quality, when will we see headline announcements?

Bit disappointing really not to see headliners.

Last year Chipmunk, this year Tinchy, are we going to see a GOOD Grime/UK Hip Hop artist attend Summer Sundae?!!

Edited by JakeBoz

the go team and the fall are the only ones that massively appeal to me, i wouldnt mine seeing laura veirs, and i saw the whip at the opening party for FAC251.

but dont we have this every year? certainly last year everyone was demanding massive names like james, claiming the initial announcement was totally disappointing and we had the best festival yet?

Oh come on it's not that bad! Personally I'm pretty excited about seeing Erland and the Carnival, The Go! Team, The Whip and The Sunshine Underground.

The Fall will be like St Etienne were last year - a really surprisingly good addition!

And to be honest this is the first raft of acts. It's hardly the whole lot is it?!

At least U2 won't be headlining :P

There's a long list of acts that have played two times; Lambchop, Camera Obscura, Mr Hudson amongst them - and Wild Beasts have played three times!!!! Of this list both the Whip and Laura Veirs have played before....

Left feeling a bit underwhelmed by the announcement in all honesty... Do like The Wave Pictures and I've been listening to Local Natives album quite a bit. Agreed that the Whip are a cracking live band...

Probably not enough in there for me to want to get a ticket at the moment....

On this Teeny Bloody Stider chappy, the festival does have a broad musical policy and audience age range - if it was just catering for my demographic it would be well sh*t. Having said that I can't imagine jumping up and down to the chap as I have a deep and irrational fear of short harris mc's.

Is it just me or am I right to be really suspicious of somebody who comes on these boards, having never posted before, and in their first post says 'oh come on, it's not that bad.'?