Your latest music discoveries...

Guest Sabcully

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a new discovery, but someone earlier mentioned Sister Sledge.

Well I would love to see Rose Royce and or Chic, I loved Car Wash, a bit of funky bass would go down a treat.

I went as far as doing a quick google and they are both "on tour" in the UK, well with whatever members are left or whoever they could round up are on tour anyway. Either way it would be a bit of fun to see them, I am sure, or maybe it would just be me.

Midlake

Empire of the Sun

The Walkmen (thanks Russy)

Band of Horses (liked them for a while but yet to see them live)

Martyn Joseph

The Bad Shepherds (thanks rabid and Greenfairy)

I'd love all these to be at Glasto - all are likely except maybe BoH.....

:P Glad to be of service mate. They are actually an LA rock band called The Bronx (who are fecking brilliant) but have lots of hispanic friends so decided to do a whole mariachi album. It's done so well that they now tour as both acts, and sometimes one appears as the support act for the other. Really am stupidly excited about seeing them in May. I think they'd be perfect for a slot at The Park or Jazz World. Not on the album, but this is a fantastic cover

I agree with Budvar on the Drums, they sound superb on record but have maybe started believing the hype from critics who are just enjoying being able to write about, "50s surfer rock".

Delphic are by far the best new band to emerge recently, absolutely love their material esp live.

The Features would be a decent signing based on their new album although they have been around a little while.

Just discovered Midlake through reading this thread - fantastic, thanks to everyone who mentioned them! Really hoping they'll play.

Some recent discoveries of mine:

Magpahi - folk inspired by 16th century poetry

Wolf People - instrumental psychedelic rock

Gwendolyn - American (but don't let that put you off) folk singer

Love is all - Swedish female-fronted indie band with some great tunes

There's some tracks by all of these on Spotify. Don't know if any of these will play tho.

Also recently discovered a great Danish band from the 70s called Culpeper's Orchard who are absolutely fantastic (sort of like Zeppelin, incorporating elements of folk and hard blues-based rock and elements of fantasy in their lyrics) - their eponymous debut is all on Youtube.

Ode to resistance and Gideon's trap are my personal favourites. Can't stress awesome these guys are!

(edit - adding my discoveries)

Edited by howard the oryx