• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really new discoveries but stuff I cannot wait to see this year

Marina & The Diamonds

The Courteeners, the new stuff sounds really good

Empire of the Sun

Most of the bands listed so far for festival appearances I have seen already so hopefully there will be something new just around teh corner whoch catched my ears...

Marina & The Diamonds

Empire of the Sun

Most of the bands listed so far for festival appearances I have seen already so hopefully there will be something new just around teh corner whoch catched my ears...

New Young Pony Club - theyre playing in Darlington next weekend but trust it to be on the night of my brothers birthday party

Young Rebel Set

Frank Turner - I know, I know but I've only just discovered him in the last 6 months

Empire of the Sun

Edit - forgot to put Marina and the Diamonds. Meant to at Leeds last year but I forgot/she clashed/I was unconcious

Edited by bob parkhurst

Marina & The Diamonds

Empire of the Sun

Assuming it's new music:

Vampire Weekend

Delphic

Temper Trap

Baby Charles

Older Music:

The Flaming Lips

Roxy Music

Sister Sledge (love Chic, but not properly listened to Niles Rodger's side project before)

Two Door Cinema Club were great last year. One of the discoveries I took away with me.

I'd like to see Ellie Goulding and Marina & The Diamonds but the reason is I have only heard a couple of tracks and would like to hear more and see them live. I really need to expand my horizons music wise this year, didn't see nearly enough new stuff last time.

Votes for people already mentioned:

Ellie Goulding, seen her supporting little boots and at another show, amazing both times, so much better live than recorded (Its a lil over produced when recorded if you ask me)

Marina and The Diamonds, wasn't sure about her at first, really couldn't work out if I liked but I got the album and just wow amazing! Really love the album, and can't wait to see her live.

Delphic, Yep another vote for these are quite cool!