"Surprise booking"

Guest .jay.

If that was the case for more than tiny proportion of the stuff I have to hold back you'd have a point. As it's not, you don't.

But even with the stuff I get told which I'm told I can't use at all, it's rare that that the first anyone knows of it is when it's made properly public. I get told stuff that I'm not to use so that I can chase it down thru other sources.

Edited by .jay.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were the one that first brought up 'conflict'. If you hadn't, that line of mine wouldn't exist :P

Sometimes I'm responsible for kicking something off in general convos (who isn't?), but rarely with anything to do with a band I say I know to be playing, which is what I thought we wwere talking about here.

So - to clarify.... are we still talking about band rumours, or are you now just enjoying having a general pop (but which isn't you starting any conflict, oh no :P).? :P

Edited by .jay.

i see it's all very Columbo, you know the answers you just got to find your way through to the ending! :P

plus and i don't mean this is a nasty way by any means and i'm not suggesting it's your sole motivation but i was wrong in saying it's pointless as it earns you a nice bit of money at the end of the day.

If you call "a nice bit of money" me earning less than the minimum wage, then yes, you're as right with this as you have been with just about everything else. :P

Could booking a big name comedien be a planned move to give them more flexibility on the Saturday for the football. A comedien can just wander on and do 10 mins to two hours depending on what is required, no gear to set up so can be changed at short notice.

So you leave either/or slots in the Pyramid Stage schedule for the Saturday and Sunday timings when the England game could be. Then you plan in someone desperate enough for exposure to be mucked around like say Editors or White Lies or Keane who are told you might be on Saturday at 7.30pm or you might be on Sunday at 5pm. Then you book Peter Kay and tell him the same thing.

Probably a rubbish idea - soz. I'm bored. :P

:P

really? i thought you said once it does you alright?

so is this place you main source of income or do you have a "proper job" so to speak? :P

It depends what you call "alright". I ain't starving, I ain't homeless, and I have the money to buy the things I want to buy - but mainly cos there's little I want to buy. I ain't complaining, just merely making clear that I'm not raking it in.

Yes, this place is my source of income. I wouldn't have time for another job if I wanted one.

Could booking a big name comedien be a planned move to give them more flexibility on the Saturday for the football. A comedien can just wander on and do 10 mins to two hours depending on what is required, no gear to set up so can be changed at short notice.

So you leave either/or slots in the Pyramid Stage schedule for the Saturday and Sunday timings when the England game could be. Then you plan in someone desperate enough for exposure to be mucked around like say Editors or White Lies or Keane who are told you might be on Saturday at 7.30pm or you might be on Sunday at 5pm. Then you book Peter Kay and tell him the same thing.

Probably a rubbish idea - soz. I'm bored. :P

It depends what you call "alright". I ain't starving, I ain't homeless, and I have the money to buy the things I want to buy - but mainly cos there's little I want to buy. I ain't complaining, just merely making clear that I'm not raking it in.

Yes, this place is my source of income. I wouldn't have time for another job if I wanted one.

Not sure about this year, maybe the green credentials of Glasto are not just 100% spot on for a show. If not then maybe Thom will do a solo set at the Park, surprise appearance or a slot on the Pyramid.

If not the above then they are sure to be certs for 2011, or the fallow year at the Abbey or 2013....2014.........2015...............etc etc If it's 2016 I think Radiohead are a stcik on for the Friday with Oasis on the Saturday :P

Edited by .jay.