"Surprise booking"

Guest .jay.

Glastonbury festival say they have surprised even themselves with one of the big bookings for this year's event.

http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/49967

i'm guessing Kings of Leon to play somewhere on the bill.

DISCLAIMER:WARNING:DISCLAIMER:WARNING:DISCLAIMER:WARNING

this could weel be a simpole case of Emily talking about a booking she previously spoke about in a prior interview on radio 6 where she spoke of a POP act being booked and as such this could be,....... A REPEAT THREAD!!!

personally what with the amount of acts booked by the festival that it just may well be the case ANOTHER ACT CONFIRMED TO PLAY i know i know people it's shocking! but that could well be the case.

lets go out on a limb and make guesses as to who it could be shall we?

Edited by .jay.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glastonbury festival say they have surprised even themselves with one of the big bookings for this year's event.

http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/49967

i'm guessing Kings of Leon to play somewhere on the bill.

:P

The story doesn't even say it's band, and the general feel I get from it is that it's not.

But how the feck do you get from "something random" to thinking she's talking about KoL? They're about as unrandom as it's possible to be.

the NME link has only just been added to the new section of their site and is an exclusive NME interview so why would that news appear elsewhere first.

because it's from something now nearly 24 hours old, at an event that was full of journos from all so0rts of publications? :P

it could be the same story, but my guess is it's seperate.

My guess is that it's very definitely not.

the NME link has only just been added to the new section of their site and is an exclusive NME interview so why would that news appear elsewhere first.

it could be the same story, but my guess is it's seperate.

it would be so much easier if people added links or named sources when they started such a thread really.

:P

The story doesn't even say it's band, and the general feel I get from it is that it's not.

But how the feck do you get from "something random" to thinking she's talking about KoL? They're about as unrandom as it's possible to be.

Edited by .jay.

Like I said, that thread was started before the NME link was found, perhaps someone at NME leaked the info, or maybe even Emily herself said something to someone - it happens.

IMO the best thing to do before starting a thread is to do a search :P

Edited by .jay.

I'd take 'random' as meaning not touring or anything at the mo. Maybe a big act that's on a break or hasn't played any gigs in a while?

If it's someone like Eminem who's touring around the time of Glasto and playing lots of other festivals, that's not random at all (and not really surprising either).

Edited by fowls

I'd take 'random' as meaning not touring or anything at the mo. Maybe a big act that's on a break or hasn't played any gigs in a while? If it's someone like Eminem who's touring around the time of Glasto... that's not random at all.

lets just boil this down shall we.

could this story be a seperate story from the one she was talking about on Radio 6 previously?

yes it could.

so lets have a bit of fun with it and make some guesses as to who it may be shall we? instead of all this anal argumentative nosense.

so if this is HEAVEN FORBID! a totally unrelated story to the pop act story who do you think it could be?

My guess is the Arctic Monkeys.

They are fans of Glasto as punters and guests. Their current tour finished in the states in April and nothing else planned. They won best live act at NME aweards yesterday.

I know they've headlined before and all this years' headline slots have gone but I recon they are not too 'up themselves' to accept a lower slot.

My guess is the Arctic Monkeys.

They are fans of Glasto as punters and guests. Their current tour finished in the states in April and nothing else planned. They won best live act at NME aweards yesterday.

I know they've headlined before and all this years' headline slots have gone but I recon they are not too 'up themselves' to accept a lower slot.

and there has been speak of bigger acts wanting to play further down the bill and even opening proceedings on the pyramid stage, PERHAPS this could be linked to that MAYBE, POSSIBLY, THERE IS A VERY GOOD CHANCE I MAY NOT BE CORRECT AND COULD JUST BE TALKING OUT OF MY ARSE, or not?