"I'd watch them just for THAT song..."

Guest 0rbita1

Just occured to me that I really would watch the Chemical Brothers live up against almost anyone else just for them playing one track ('Electronic Battle Weapon 8'), even though I like them but am not a huge fan or anything.

What acts would you see where you couldn't care less about their other tracks, you just want them to play that one tune that does it for you and that'd make the rest worthwhile - even if it meant sitting disinterestedly through a whole set until they got to it?

Everyone wanted to hear East17 play 'Stay' in the dance lounge last year, which the crowd delivered as much as they did, then ever firmer rumours of Jackos death started going through the crowd which were initially dismissed as festival banter.

Some years ago I recall the first anyone knew of John Majors resignation as PM was when Dreadzone played his resignation speech through their dub set. A little worse for wear, we thought we'd brought down the government. Without mobiles it took until the next day to get confirmation it had happened.

Everyone wanted to hear East17 play 'Stay' in the dance lounge last year, which the crowd delivered as much as they did, then ever firmer rumours of Jackos death started going through the crowd which were initially dismissed as festival banter.

Some years ago I recall the first anyone knew of John Majors resignation as PM was when Dreadzone played his resignation speech through their dub set. A little worse for wear, we thought we'd brought down the government. Without mobiles it took until the next day to get confirmation it had happened.

Scott Matthews for Elusive. I think a lot of his stuff is pretty mundane, but that song sets my hair on end and my nerves tingling. If he was in the acoustic tent, I'd probably go for that alone (and the sit down).

With or Without you +1 hope they play it sixth after beautiful day, stuck in a moment, sunday bloody sunday, the sweetest thing and one so I can f**k off and get smashed somewhere bitching on site and leave everyone else to enjoy their vertigos and get on your boots :P *I'm gonna end up watching the whole set I know :P haha*

I know this thread has only started but I am beggining to hate it already - everytime i think of a song and artist I start reminising about their back-catologue and remember why I like them. So here goes for my feeble attempt:

Robbie - Hope he doesn't play but if he does it's got to be "Relight my Fire"

SW - not intending to be antwhere near and not sure of his back catolouge but thougth the lass in the "hello" video was cute.

U2 - Saw them many years ago but can't remember Sunday Bloody Sunday (can they change the lyrics to suit qa Friday crowd)

Anyway ignoring the obvious I would like to see Chemical Brothers "Hey Boy, Hey Girl" and always fancied Simon and Gaefukels "Scaeborough Fair"!

I know this thread has only started but I am beggining to hate it already - everytime i think of a song and artist I start reminising about their back-catologue and remember why I like them. So here goes for my feeble attempt:

Robbie - Hope he doesn't play but if he does it's got to be "Relight my Fire"

SW - not intending to be antwhere near and not sure of his back catolouge but thougth the lass in the "hello" video was cute.

U2 - Saw them many years ago but can't remember Sunday Bloody Sunday (can they change the lyrics to suit qa Friday crowd)

Anyway ignoring the obvious I would like to see Chemical Brothers "Hey Boy, Hey Girl" and always fancied Simon and Gaefukels "Scaeborough Fair"!

Only saw U2 once in 87 on the Joshua Tree tour, was really satisfied with them, thought that would never be beaten so never saw them again.

However if they did October into News Year Day I would be in heaven!!!!! Failing that if they ended on 40 well that would be it for me....