"I'd watch them just for THAT song..."

Guest 0rbita1

Sunday Bloody Sunday... really encapsulates all the frustration of a sunday. You wake up in the morning and you got to read all the sunday papers. the kids are running about, you got toa wash the car and mow the lawn and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday"

For acts I've already seen at Glasto:

Robbie Williams 'Angels' - laugh if you want, but it was easily the highlight of miserable rain swept '98.

Orbital 'Chime' - Not going to forget that in '94 EVER.

Blur 'Country House'. Even more so than 'Tender', this was just brilliant.

The Verve 'Bittersweet Symphony'.

The Prodigy 'Out of Space'.

Elbow 'One Day' - fabulous singalong in 2008.

Radiohead 'Just' - worth sitting through the tedious breakbeat jazz odyssey new stuff just to hear this.

I'd happily turn up for just those tunes by any of these acts (though as a self-confessed Orbital nerd I'd be there anyway).

I'd imagine that there are a couple of Coldplay tunes that probably qualify as 'be there' moments, although I haven't seen them in years.

Edited by J1mbo

Scott Matthews for Elusive. I think a lot of his stuff is pretty mundane, but that song sets my hair on end and my nerves tingling. If he was in the acoustic tent, I'd probably go for that alone (and the sit down).

Sunday Bloody Sunday... really encapsulates all the frustration of a sunday. You wake up in the morning and you got to read all the sunday papers. the kids are running about, you got toa wash the car and mow the lawn and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday"
Edited by drewsstrat

The Verve - Lucky Man

Just gets me every time and was superb "live" in 2008

Also, Neil Diamond in 2008 with Sweet Caroline (In fact most of what he played that day was exceptional).

I had my baby brother (33 years old and all 14 stone of him) on my shoulders as Neil belted out Sweet Caroline. We turned around and looked up the hill - what a sight as the crowd sang along.

Ah those memories...

I sat through Morrissey's drivel just to hear How Soon Is Now at V a few years back.

I'm not a Beatles fan and generally feel the need to slap Paul McCartney when I see him but I'd make the effort just for Hey Jude. If he was at a festival I was attending. And there was nothing better on :P