Festival Costs

Guest gratedenini

Do you get VALUE at Festivals  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Well, what yer reckon?

• NO
    • WELL AYE MAN
    • DONT GIVE A TOSS--IM BUCKLED

A romantic weekend away---Friday till Monday... nice hotel,meal,drinks,sex toys* etc etc Cost?

Well, too many variables but minimum being a couple hundred quid.

Compare.... weekend Festival.... 2 Adults, 3 kids 10,4,1 plus caravan.

Well tickets alone are knockin on 300 snots...then theres fuel, bait and requisite LASH WATER etc etc.

Probably knocks up to min of £500.

Regardless.... thats a decent wedge of Euros that.

I`m a massive believer in --if yer dont/cant pay--dont go etc etc.... but are things getting a bit out of kilter for these types of festivals?

We do quite o lot of fests during the summer and this one (along with Larmer) are easily the most expensive.... probably the best I suppose--but that depends, doesn`t it.

Discuss.....

*not obligatory, but hey--when you`ve got a baby sitter,why not make the most of it :P

Edited by gratedenini

Unfortunately, it seems that most festivals are now pretty expensive to attend.

Surely the Isle of Wight is the most expensive one out there?

2 adults, 3 kids & caravan tickets for your family would set you back £625.

Add onto that ferry costs of up to £160 for car & caravan.

And they don't even have a decent line-up!!!

Unfortunately, it seems that most festivals are now pretty expensive to attend.

Surely the Isle of Wight is the most expensive one out there?

2 adults, 3 kids & caravan tickets for your family would set you back £625.

Add onto that ferry costs of up to £160 for car & caravan.

And they don't even have a decent line-up!!!

...have to disagree, they ALWAYS end up with a decent line-up - but, you're right, IT IS pricey.

Fortunately, I only live 8 miles away from the venue - but, it is precisely because of the venue and the sheer 'jampackedness' of the place, that I have chosen only to attend 3. Even at Glastonbury, with 3 times as many punters, you can still get away from the mayhem - if needed!

Edited by marooned

Think this was point i was trying to make. Where does the balance come in to it? At end of the day... i dont suppose many fests make a fortune and most organisers prob do it cos they have a love for a particular scene.

Using IOW then as an example--- how can the average Joe Bloggs justify that much for a weekend out?

It will eventually go tits up.

I said about this time last year when the Credit Crunch became official--- fests are bound to be hit--and i`m sure they were.... and will continue to be.

I think people are def wising up that you dont need to see top headline acts at festivals to have a good time...esp families and therefore will prob spread their nets into unknown (cheaper) territories.

I remember packing away on the monday morning at a few smaller fests last year and asking IS how much we`d spent.... and being pleasantly suprised compared to the bigger ones we attend.

Still got as drunk, still ate decent bait,still had rampant in the gazebo while the kids slept AND still had a hot steamy piss against the van.

What more can you ask?

• 3 months later...

Yeah me and the girlfriend are on about going to either this or Oxygen. Leeds will work out cheaper and is a lot closer, but waiting on the line up to be announced. Will be my first festival but shes been about 4 times. So should be good anyway .

By the way, to whom the biotualet is necessary, come I recommend biotualet.