which tent ?

Guest nomi-rizz

Just posted this on another thread.....

My shed got flooded a couple months ago so need a new tent. I was thinking about going light to festivals this year so was going to buy a backpacker type 2 man tent however I have just discovered the tent I have been dreaming about for festivals for years! It fits all of my criteria although it does weigh 25.9kg and will be a bugger to errect but meh! Meet the Sunncamp Elan 200.....

elan200472.jpg

Elan200_01_LRG.jpg

.....2 man tent with a massive b*tch a*sed living room, PERFECT! :P

Edited by BenchBuddah

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted this on another thread.....

My shed got flooded a couple months ago so need a new tent. I was thinking about going light to festivals this year so was going to buy a backpacker type 2 man tent however I have just discovered the tent I have been dreaming about for festivals for years! It fits all of my criteria although it does weigh 25.9kg and will be a bugger to errect but meh! Meet the Sunncamp Elan 200.....

elan200472.jpg

Elan200_01_LRG.jpg

.....2 man tent with a massive b*tch a*sed living room, PERFECT! :P

I want a 2/3 man tent that you can stand up in (I have a bad back and can't climb through the low door nor get dressed in a low tent) with a sewn in ground sheet. It just seems all the ones I find are over 10kg or don't have the stand up height or sewn in groundsheet :P

Mmm I bought a Vango Alpha 400 for Glastonbury last year, great size, not difficult to put up even for a girlie in the dark, kept me dry BUT if you don't have enough room to put the ropes up then the outer skin touches the inner and it gets wet :P Not enough to soak you but enough to wet the inner skin. Kinda regret buying it now and wished I read the fab posts on here abit more!

Mmm I bought a Vango Alpha 400 for Glastonbury last year, great size, not difficult to put up even for a girlie in the dark, kept me dry BUT if you don't have enough room to put the ropes up then the outer skin touches the inner and it gets wet :P Not enough to soak you but enough to wet the inner skin. Kinda regret buying it now and wished I read the fab posts on here abit more!

Take a look at the Vango Tigris 400. We just bought the DLX version from ebay but they've sent the standard one. Just as well I think, we measured out the living area for the DLX on the floor with a tape measure - it's fecking huge! :P

We're going to keep this one if we can get a reasonable refund. :P

Can you recommend one for 4 people that you can stand up in other than the Vango Orchy600?

• 1 month later...

I've had two tents from Halfords, this was a few years ago. They both leaked in light rain. They were a totally different design to the one you list though. I don't believe for a second that tent is only 4.2kg.

What about the Quechua T4.2 which looks a similar design but with a pull-out porch shelter thing?

gd-asset_11663699.jpg

There's also the pop-up tents from Quechua, Base 4.1 (one bedroom) and Base 4.2 (two bedrooms)

gd-asset_16318266.jpg

zoom_asset_20006879.jpg

Edited by r0cky

I've been considering purchasing this for me and the gf. Would sleep in one compartment and keep the other for storage. Seems a very reasonable price but I've not got much experience with Khyam.

Edit: Completely forgot the link! http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/acatalog/Kh...ent__2009_.html

Last year I went on my own and took a 3 man with almost no porch and missed one when crawling back in at 6am and just wanting to leave my soaking clothes outside. Nice and spacious inside though.

Edited by darkfish

I've been considering purchasing this for me and the gf. Would sleep in one compartment and keep the other for storage. Seems a very reasonable price but I've not got much experience with Khyam.

Last year I went on my own and took a 3 man with almost no porch and missed one when crawling back in at 6am and just wanting to leave my soaking clothes outside. Nice and spacious inside though.

I want a 2/3 man tent that you can stand up in (I have a bad back and can't climb through the low door nor get dressed in a low tent) with a sewn in ground sheet. It just seems all the ones I find are over 10kg or don't have the stand up height or sewn in groundsheet :P

Hello All!!

Glasto first timer and never been camping before (well apart from an unfortunate weekend at TITP where my tent became a swimming pool) so a bit confused about tents etc, was thinking about a lichfield Cherokee??

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews144983.html

or a Rocky 4 tent

http://www.worldoftents.co.uk/gelert-rocky...010-p-1611.html

any suggestions/advice? all would be appreciated

Thanks x :P:P:P

One of these bad boys - and you get new ones on e bay delivered for less than £150

http://www.millets.co.uk/camping/tents/3-4...uct/096055.html

Not read the whole thread, so sorry if its already been posted but had to add this one http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-atakam...99#descTabSect2 is on offer next week 1st - 5th i think for 50 quid. Imo cant go wrong, my mate had one last year, and was well impressed. He paid £100 ,which i thought was cheap for a stand up in tent. :P