Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

My unexpected windfall came through and it's been spend spend spend spend spend. Pretty much all gone now too. Half to repay a loan, the rest on housewares for my new pad. Polished granite coasters. Heavy cookware. Arc lamp (a £200 beast for £60 on Gumtree). Metal lampshades. Joseph Joseph utensils (at half price too). But my my joy of joys? Posh cutlery, imported from America because I couldn't find anyone in Britain to sell them to me (on that note it's disheartening to discover how few sets of cutlery in the UK come with soup spoons, we used to be so cultured).

Bonus news is Glasgow's Samba Ya Bamba announced their annual beginners class, have had my eye on going for a couple of years, have the chance now so popping along to that. I got to do an afternoon workshop with them years ago so looking forward to getting a few weeks in with them.

• Upvote 1

My unexpected windfall came through and it's been spend spend spend spend spend. Pretty much all gone now too. Half to repay a loan, the rest on housewares for my new pad. Polished granite coasters. Heavy cookware. Arc lamp (a £200 beast for £60 on Gumtree). Metal lampshades. Joseph Joseph utensils (at half price too). But my my joy of joys? Posh cutlery, imported from America because I couldn't find anyone in Britain to sell them to me (on that note it's disheartening to discover how few sets of cutlery in the UK come with soup spoons, we used to be so cultured).

Bonus news is Glasgow's Samba Ya Bamba announced their annual beginners class, have had my eye on going for a couple of years, have the chance now so popping along to that. I got to do an afternoon workshop with them years ago so looking forward to getting a few weeks in with them.

All sounds ace viberunner. Let the good times roll. Happy to hear that things are sweet.

I don't know Samba Ya Bamba, but am about to pop off to rectify that.

Someone I know holds a full Christmas party during the summer. Is your January Christmas anything like this?

in theory, yep. My kid has been on the other side of the world for a month, and this coming weekend is our opportunity to celebrate xmas together.

A few years ago we prolly would have done the whole xmas thing with turkey and the like, but we're just going to have a 'special' weekend in some way ... all i need to do now is work out how exactly. :lol:

in theory, yep. My kid has been on the other side of the world for a month, and this coming weekend is our opportunity to celebrate xmas together.

A few years ago we prolly would have done the whole xmas thing with turkey and the like, but we're just going to have a 'special' weekend in some way ... all i need to do now is work out how exactly. :lol:

I have no idea if any of you like dub ( I have no idea what it actually is, such are my music credentials) or whether this venue is a nightmare, or even if you want to do a late night thing, but there's this listed for your area this Saturday night;

http:///whats-on/Bristol/Cosies/Dub-Theories--Cosies--SATURDAY-17th-JANUARY-2015-%28ONLY-3%29/12298308/

I have no idea if any of you like dub ( I have no idea what it actually is, such are my music credentials) or whether this venue is a nightmare, or even if you want to do a late night thing, but there's this listed for your area this Saturday night;

http:///whats-on/Bristol/Cosies/Dub-Theories--Cosies--SATURDAY-17th-JANUARY-2015-(ONLY-3)/12298308/

thanks, tho that's really not the sort of thing my kid would go for.

I finally got off my arse and did some work on a project I've been harbouring for some time. This invloved writing out a proposal to a national clothing chain of shops. My letter (to be posted recorded delivery tomorrow morning) will probably go in the bin, but at least I'll have tried. I'll not stop now, even if that chain turn down my kind offer! I guess I'm happy because I'm being more industrious than my usual state of inertia.

• Upvote 1

My wife's brother (who is also an old school friend of mine) is visiting us in about an hours time and staying over for the night. He lives in another part of the country which means that we don't get to see him as often as we'd like. He's one of those people who can lift your spirits and make you laugh when you are down - and both me and my wife are a little bit down at the moment. So, this visit is making me feel a little happier than I have been of late.

discovering wireless chargers after the usb input died on my Nexus. :)

Its cool right? I haven't actually bothered since I had a Palm Pre as I've had to buy extra chargers/covers for my Samsung phones, but it worked great with that. (You had to buy the cover for the Pre actually, but I got one free at special event to lauch it :P)

Its cool right?

I dunno, it hasn't arrived yet. :P

My first thought was that the nexus was totally buggered cos it had no way of charging with a broken usb socket, so i was pleased to find such an easy solution.

From googling I see that broken usb sockets are a common problem with the nexus 7, but that means there's also a lot of good info out there for solutions. I've bought a new usb socket too, so I'll repair it properly; some peeps say it's a bit fiddly to do but hopefully I'll manage.

I've had a pretty dark month so far, filled with depression, anxiety, illness and withdrawal. However during that time I haven't ended up drinking alone which is what I used to do, particularly when I went through such a patch in winter, and today I went for a walk, went for a drive, cooked myself some lunch, have read half a book, played some guitar and opened my CV to update it and resume my job search. Nothing big in itself, but lots of little things, none of which I've done in nearly 3 weeks.

• Upvote 1

I've had a pretty dark month so far, filled with depression, anxiety, illness and withdrawal. However during that time I haven't ended up drinking alone which is what I used to do, particularly when I went through such a patch in winter, and today I went for a walk, went for a drive, cooked myself some lunch, have read half a book, played some guitar and opened my CV to update it and resume my job search. Nothing big in itself, but lots of little things, none of which I've done in nearly 3 weeks.

Glad to hear you're feeling better :)