Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

17 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Congratulations. 

Out of interest do you need to drive as you say you do not enjoy it

My parents live 200 miles away and we also occasionally take the ferry over to Ireland and drive across the country - after 8 years of my husband doing all the driving it’s only fair I take a turn! Also gives me more options with jobs etc when i decide to move on from where I am now. 

On 2/23/2018 at 11:28 PM, guypjfreak said:

My old Beddie of 36 started first time of asking after I got her enough battery power.. Just need the warmth now 

Nice one guy. I don't think that you'll be getting that warmth in the next week or so, though! That;s great that it started up straight away though. 

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Nice one guy. I don't think that you'll be getting that warmth in the next week or so, though! That;s great that it started up straight away though. 

Yes old son and the car has JUST been MOTed.. So that's a weight off my head.. Book van in for mot in may so that my mate does the actual job.. I want to know it's safe but when they start finding stupid things like a loose bolt etc then fall it it gets you down and in the pocket.. When all that is needed is a five minute job.. So that's next.. 

I'm off to finish a booze and glory clock then hopefully a grateful dead one as well... 

No snow here which is great.. G

The thaw has come. The pipes have thawed and we've got water again (temporarily via a neighbour's supply) but the joy of going to the loo and being able to flush the toilet is hard to match.  And my car started!

54 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

The thaw has come. The pipes have thawed and we've got water again (temporarily via a neighbour's supply) but the joy of going to the loo and being able to flush the toilet is hard to match.  And my car started!

And something most of us (including me) take for granted. All credit to WaterAid

Being let out of hospital. While in there I was told that should  the procedure  that they needed to carry out go wrong then there was a  very real likely of me dying. Then they said that that was likely to be the case if I didn't have  the procedure done there and then, in any case.  Bit of a no brainer really. I was given the option of them going in though my thigh, or  via my neck, I opted for the neck, because a neck scar looks much harder! 

On 07/03/2018 at 7:35 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Being let out of hospital. While in there I was told that should  the procedure  that they needed to carry out go wrong then there was a  very real likely of me dying. Then they said that that was likely to be the case if I didn't have  the procedure done there and then, in any case.  Bit of a no brainer really. I was given the option of them going in though my thigh, or  via my neck, I opted for the neck, because a neck scar looks much harder! 

I got taken in recently as my temperature rose quite dramatically. Luckily my neutrophils were high meaning my immune system was up and running. They wouldn't let me out till my temperature returned to normal though. It seems to have been a harmless viral infection. Otherwise known as a cold.

20 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I got taken in recently as my temperature rose quite dramatically. Luckily my neutrophils were high meaning my immune system was up and running. They wouldn't let me out till my temperature returned to normal though. It seems to have been a harmless viral infection. Otherwise known as a cold.

It's amazing really. I only went in saying that I had just experienced chest pains when breathing. One minute I could breath alright, the next I couldn't. However, that was not why they admitted me to hospital. They did that because my kidney function levels had dropped to zero,while I had a 1000 point score on toxicity levels. I had seriously thought that I'd be given an anti biotic or some cough medecine for my chest pains, but instead the consultant were talking to me about my potential demise. I recall finding the situation more interesting than frightening. I had a horrible time in hospital though. 

49 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's amazing really. I only went in saying that I had just experienced chest pains when breathing. One minute I could breath alright, the next I couldn't. However, that was not why they admitted me to hospital. They did that because my kidney function levels had dropped to zero,while I had a 1000 point score on toxicity levels. I had seriously thought that I'd be given an anti biotic or some cough medecine for my chest pains, but instead the consultant were talking to me about my potential demise. I recall finding the situation more interesting than frightening. I had a horrible time in hospital though. 

Scary.

When I was in I found myself trying to console a member of staff who was finding it difficult as I reminded her that her mother's cancer had returned and she was also undergoing chemo for the second time in just 2 years.

I used to work on the bereavement line in our contact centre so understand how personal life can impact on your professional one.

But NHS staff are off the scale for being on the sharp end.