Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

Nice one (what's crypto currency?)

Hello feral,

The main crypto currency that people know about is Bitcoin. However, there are loads of others too, such as Etherium, Monero etc. I haven't been doing the work myself as I wouldn't have a clue. I can just about book a Ryanair flight, although haven't done that in a long long time. It's my step son, who is a computer whizz kid, who has done all the jumping around from one currency to the next, at the right time. It's all a gamble of course, but he has a firm view that it will only go up in value over time. So, there will be drops in value, but the general direction is upwards. I've just put another tranche of money in to it this morning. I could lose the lot, or it could go up in value. There's the rub. Time will tell. 

Hope you are well. :)

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

The main crypto currency that people know about is Bitcoin. However, there are loads of others too, such as Etherium, Monero etc. I haven't been doing the work myself as I wouldn't have a clue. I can just about book a Ryanair flight, although haven't done that in a long long time. It's my step son, who is a computer whizz kid, who has done all the jumping around from one currency to the next, at the right time. It's all a gamble of course, but he has a firm view that it will only go up in value over time. So, there will be drops in value, but the general direction is upwards. I've just put another tranche of money in to it this morning. I could lose the lot, or it could go up in value. There's the rub. Time will tell. 

Hope you are well. :)

Yes thank you, just met up with friends, and didn't realise it was also the day of the Christmas market. 

it was nice to get out :)

2 hours ago, feral chile said:

Yes thank you, just met up with friends, and didn't realise it was also the day of the Christmas market. 

it was nice to get out :)

Nice one feral.

We 'may' be going out for a walk soon, but it's not a definite. Unfortunately my wife is suffering from menopausal problems. One minute she's burning up hot, and the next minute she's freezing cold. Consequently we have to turn the heating on and off like the billio. We had wanted to go for a drink in a bar during our intended walk, but not sure how that stands at the moment. 

We also were due to have a friend arrive this evening, but the snow has put paid to that.

Anyway, happy to hear that you are in a happy place. :)

On 12/9/2017 at 6:21 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

but he has a firm view that it will only go up in value over time.

that view is what causes a bubble and guarantees it won't only go up.

Bitcoin is an 'asset' with only faith as its value, and it's no longer even good as a currency - which makes it ultimately worthless. As well as being pointless.

Bitcoin might have a life all the same, after all human faith is a weird thing. But unlike all other currencies it only has faith to back it.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:30 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've made £12K in about 7 weeks

you've only made that with money you take out of a crypto-currency and which stays out of crypto currency.

Anything left in is a gamble where your stake is still at the bookies and the gamble is still to be played out.

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that view is what causes a bubble and guarantees it won't only go up.

Bitcoin is an 'asset' with only faith as its value, and it's no longer even good as a currency - which makes it ultimately worthless. As well as being pointless.

Bitcoin might have a life all the same, after all human faith is a weird thing. But unlike all other currencies it only has faith to back it.

you've only made that with money you take out of a crypto-currency and which stays out of crypto currency.

Anything left in is a gamble where your stake is still at the bookies and the gamble is still to be played out.

I understand all that, so have only put in what I am prepared to lose. 

On 08/12/2017 at 5:53 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

had thought that you were going to travel around in your camper van. Am I completely wrong, or will a part of your journey include it? 

Yes the 2nd part will , once we return from India and SE Asia.

We will then take the van round Europe for 12 months or so, but will find that by working some of it.

10 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Yes the 2nd part will , once we return from India and SE Asia.

We will then take the van round Europe for 12 months or so, but will find that by working some of it.

Sounds great Paul. We're under a deluge of snow this end. Something you'll not need to be worrying about. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a jacket/come anorak from a place on the net.  I ordered size XL but what arrived was very small and certainly too small for me to put on or zip up.  I complained and asked about a refund.  The firm replied that they would refund my money but it wasn't worth sending the item back so I could donate it to a charity shop.  One of my neighbours is very skinny since his throat cancer op and feels the cold.  So I took it round to him, it fitted, and he now has a nice warm winter jacket. So charity can begin if not at home then next door. Mind you I'm still waiting for my refund to arrive.

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Bought a jacket/come anorak from a place on the net.  I ordered size XL but what arrived was very small and certainly too small for me to put on or zip up.  I complained and asked about a refund.  The firm replied that they would refund my money but it wasn't worth sending the item back so I could donate it to a charity shop.  One of my neighbours is very skinny since his throat cancer op and feels the cold.  So I took it round to him, it fitted, and he now has a nice warm winter jacket. So charity can begin if not at home then next door. Mind you I'm still waiting for my refund to arrive.

Ha! I have a pair of socks with a negative slogan instead of hair nets. Not quite so useful!

On 12/7/2017 at 4:56 AM, Paul ™ said:

Anyone interested, we are doing a blog 

http://www.daisy-moo.com/

I Will keep an eye on it Paul. Will be interested in your thoughts on Nepal when you get there. I was only out there for a couple of weeks holiday last year but loved it. Kathmandu very frantic, lakeside at Pokhara very relaxing, mountains very magical.

Have a great time

On 12/24/2017 at 5:57 AM, Paul ™ said:

Yeah will be keeping it updated as much as we can (wi-fi/photo upload dependant)

Currently in Mumbai, this place is crazy... I thought London traffic was nuts :o

Happy Christmas both. 

If your trip takes in Hanoi, then Mumbai will be good practice traffic wise. :)

Best Christmas presents both from my younger daughter.  A brilliant mug with a picture of Mr Grumpy (from the Mr Men cartoons) on it.  Fill it with a hot drink and Mr Grumpy fades and on the opposite side a Mr Happy appears.  So far only tried it with coffee but other hot drinks are available.

The second was an IoU from same daughter for tickets for a good gig by one of my favourite bands at the Cheese and Grain in Frome coupled with a couple of nights caravanning nearby to enjoy some father and daughter bonding.  Only problem is on that date I'll be in Nice at the end of a week's holiday with family coming over from Australia.  So now searching for a gig somewhere at a weekend, to fit in with her work commitments, where you can caravan nearby - preferably within 50 miles or so of Bristol / Cardiff.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy day.  Just booked tickets for three tiny fests this summer, all organised by the Something Else in the Dean fest team.  So that's the end of March, Glasto weekend in June and the end of September all sorted.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

remembering to do my tax return before the deadline. :)

Bit pissed off with the tax bill tho, of £2. :P

Better sell some mugs then :)

Either you're not making very much from this enterprise or you have a very good accountant. Sadly I suspect the former :(

Edited by Ommadawn