The beams and bridges cut the light on the ground
into little triangles and the rails run round
through the rust and the heat
the light and sweet coffee color of her skin

Bound up in wire and fate
watching her walk him up to the gate
in front of the ironbound school yard.

Kids will grow like weeds on a fence
She says they look for the light they try to make sense.
They come up through the cracks
Like grass on the tracks
She touches him goodbye.

Steps off the curb and into the street
the blood and feathers near her feet
into the ironbound market

In the ironbound section near Avenue L
where the Portuguese women come to see what you sell
the clouds so low the morning so slow
as the wires cut through the sky

She stops at the stall
fingers the ring
opens her purse
feels a longing
away from the ironbound border

"Fancy poultry parts sold here.
Breasts and thighs and hearts.
Backs are cheap and wings are nearly free.
Nearly free"

You have to listen to the song as well, because of the rhythm the song gives to the lyrics.

I'll stop now. The woman's a genius. Vega and Orwell are my not so secret passions, from back in the day when i fell in love with ideas, and role models, and life.

Robin of Sherwood was another one.

(and Avon off Blake's 7).

Guilty pleasures :ph34r:

18 hours ago, feral chile said:

You have to listen to the song as well, because of the rhythm the song gives to the lyrics.

I'll stop now. The woman's a genius. Vega and Orwell are my not so secret passions, from back in the day when i fell in love with ideas, and role models, and life.

Robin of Sherwood was another one.

(and Avon off Blake's 7).

Guilty pleasures :ph34r:

Hello feral,

I have just accessed this thread, and am not in a state to be able to form an opinion on your Vega stuff, but will do so, when normality (eh!) resumes.

Orwell - To my recollection right now, I've only read Nineteen Eighty-Four. It is without doubt an immensely powerful book. It makes me wonder if he was actually a Time Lord. I am about to do (in a bit, whatever that means) some art works, one of which, has a nod to Orwell. A few weeks ago I possessed about eight mannequins. Then somebody informed me that for the price of a drink (which turned out to be £50) I could take as many mannequins as I wanted from a company that didn't specialize in mannequins, but had a shed load of them, because they were included in the lot that they wanted at an auction. So, now I have about 18 mannequins. I have already made two cyborgs out of a male and female mannequin. I have also just bought two acrobats ropes and bars. The reason for this is that I am going to do art in the garden with all the mannequins. One piece of art is going to be two mannequins meeting each other up in the air, on two acrobats bars, suspended from trees. Anyway, to cut a long story short, one mannequin is going to have a rats cage put on it's head, maybe with a felt type rat inside the cage. There's your nod to Orwell for you.

As for guilty pleasures, I think my account on the Daily Mail on line website, is probably where it's at there. For reasons which elude me right now, I become much more different when commenting on there. Caligula would blush were he to read my comments. Einstein would scratch his head, and Gerald Durrell would be intrigued. lol 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

I have just accessed this thread, and am not in a state to be able to form an opinion on your Vega stuff, but will do so, when normality (eh!) resumes.

Orwell - To my recollection right now, I've only read Nineteen Eighty-Four. It is without doubt an immensely powerful book. It makes me wonder if he was actually a Time Lord. I am about to do (in a bit, whatever that means) some art works, one of which, has a nod to Orwell. A few weeks ago I possessed about eight mannequins. Then somebody informed me that for the price of a drink (which turned out to be £50) I could take as many mannequins as I wanted from a company that didn't specialize in mannequins, but had a shed load of them, because they were included in the lot that they wanted at an auction. So, now I have about 18 mannequins. I have already made two cyborgs out of a male and female mannequin. I have also just bought two acrobats ropes and bars. The reason for this is that I am going to do art in the garden with all the mannequins. One piece of art is going to be two mannequins meeting each other up in the air, on two acrobats bars, suspended from trees. Anyway, to cut a long story short, one mannequin is going to have a rats cage put on it's head, maybe with a felt type rat inside the cage. There's your nod to Orwell for you.

As for guilty pleasures, I think my account on the Daily Mail on line website, is probably where it's at there. For reasons which elude me right now, I become much more different when commenting on there. Caligula would blush were he to read my comments. Einstein would scratch his head, and Gerald Durrell would be intrigued. lol 

Those mannequins sound awesome.

Here's a taster of the mannequins, and some other artwork that I have 'created'. By the way, I use the term artwork loosely;

dSK-asRfFsNSHBHvTr6qh23JnZrpYTAnwx_HiYZTwxo?size=32x32&size_mode=5

012.JPG

030.jpg

036.JPG

Mohican Head.jpg

New art heads.JPG

SAM_2490.JPG

If you can't see my photos of art, then I've got the posting wrong. I don't know because only you - yes that's you , as in you all, if indeed it reaches the category of 'all', in any case, can tell. Maybe I am just communicating with myself. If this is the case then maybe I am the bastard son of V'ger, after all. How do you do? / or exist, even? I /we truly hope that you are all well.  :)

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:50 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Here's a taster of the mannequins, and some other artwork that I have 'created'. By the way, I use the term artwork loosely;

dSK-asRfFsNSHBHvTr6qh23JnZrpYTAnwx_HiYZTwxo?size=32x32&size_mode=5

012.JPG

030.jpg

036.JPG

Mohican Head.jpg

New art heads.JPG

SAM_2490.JPG

If you can't see my photos of art, then I've got the posting wrong. I don't know because only you - yes that's you , as in you all, if indeed it reaches the category of 'all', in any case, can tell. Maybe I am just communicating with myself. If this is the case then maybe I am the bastard son of V'ger, after all. How do you do? / or exist, even? I /we truly hope that you are all well.  :)

Ah, I can't view them :(

On 11/7/2017 at 7:34 AM, slash's hat said:

No, afraid not yog. Dont worry only managed to post first you tube video last week after using site about 3 years!

Congratulations slash's hat. That's the kind of rate of progress that I am also familiar with. I may have mentioned it here, or on another thread, but it was only a few weeks ago that I was informed that emails were sooo yesterday. What's that about? Surely all the deities put together couldn't make something 'faster and better' than emails. How crazy is this world going to get? I still harp back to the days of Morse Code, which reminds me - I must send this message out;

.... . .-.. .--. / -- . --..-- .... . .-.. .--. / -- . .-.-.- / .. - / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / .- .--. .--. . .- .-. / - .... .- - / .. / .... .- ...- . / -- .. ... .-.. .- .. -.. / -... --- - .... / -- -.-- / ... . .-.. ..-. / .-. . ... .--. . -.-. - / .- -. -.. / -- -.-- / -.. .. --. -. .. - -.-- .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . -. .----. - / ... . . -. / - .... . / - .-- --- / .-.. .. - - .-.. . / - .. -. -.- . .-. ... / .-. --- .- -- .. -. --. / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -.-- --- ..- ..--.. / .-. --- --. . .-. .-.-.- --- ...- . .-. .-.-.- --- ...- . .-. / .- -. -.. / --- ..- - .-.-.-

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 8:03 PM, Paul ™ said:

Me and my partner are off travelling in December, starting with a 2 week holiday in Goa, then staying with her friend in Mumbai for 2 weeks. 

Then early January we're off to Nepal for a few weeks, then back into India then Myanmar. 

After that it will be Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore and hopefully Indonesia. 

We're planning on around 12-15 months, plenty time to relax and take it all in :D

Only a week tomorrow till we leave for this! :D

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Now that really is something to be excited about.  It goes without saying that I'm green with envy. I wish you both all the very best in this new life experience. Live the dream, as they say. 

Wishing you a ball from start to finish. Actually, who says anything about it finishing - just carry on. Me and my misses have said that our honeymoon is for the rest of our lives. 

All the best.

Yog

17 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Now that really is something to be excited about.  It goes without saying that I'm green with envy. I wish you both all the very best in this new life experience. Live the dream, as they say. 

Wishing you a ball from start to finish. Actually, who says anything about it finishing - just carry on. Me and my misses have said that our honeymoon is for the rest of our lives. 

All the best.

Yog

Agreed, go for it and enjoy xx

my living the dream was a bit more sedate - after years of bringing up kids on little money, I spent my early 40s going to live gigs and festivals.

then had a period of unexplained bad health - hopefully now explained and treated, so looking forward to growing old disgracefully :D

Edited by feral chile

1 hour ago, Sandy one said:

Being single and not having to deal with a toxic relationship anymore

I spent 5 years in a toxic relationship. Absolute madness - both the relationship, and that I spent 5 years in it. A complete waste of my limited time on this planet. Occasionally I get reminders of that relationship and ask myself what on earth was I thinking. Glad to hear that you are happy now. You've got your life back, and that is precious. 

19 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Anyone interested, we are doing a blog 

http://www.daisy-moo.com/

Hello Paul and Sadie,

Thanks for posting the link. Will definitely pop in every now and again to see how you are fairing on your travels. I had thought that you were going to travel around in your camper van. Am I completely wrong, or will a part of your journey include it? In any case I'm green with envy! Hope you enjoy every minute. 

By the way I've been to Vasco de Gama and had some very odd experiences there. Rich tapestry of life etc.

Good luck both.

Yog

xxx