Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

How odd that you should say a lover spurned. I entered the furniture establishment with my, then, girlfriend, who was, without doubt, a bunny boiler. I had come to this conclusion via experience, and via both my family and life long friends queuing up to tell me as such. And they were right, in one respect. What they didn't know was that she was sexually abused as a child, and this fucked up and distorted her very being. By the way, she didn't tell me this either (she kept it to herself), I just 'know'. I used to feel animosity towards her, but no longer do. Somebody created her fucked up mind, and I really don't think it was her.

Ah, yes, that would have screwed with her head big time, poor girl.

Makes sexual attraction difficult, because it's associated with exploitation.

Me and my partner are off travelling in December, starting with a 2 week holiday in Goa, then staying with her friend in Mumbai for 2 weeks. 

Then early January we're off to Nepal for a few weeks, then back into India then Myanmar. 

After that it will be Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore and hopefully Indonesia. 

We're planning on around 12-15 months, plenty time to relax and take it all in :D

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Me and my partner are off travelling in December, starting with a 2 week holiday in Goa, then staying with her friend in Mumbai for 2 weeks. 

Then early January we're off to Nepal for a few weeks, then back into India then Myanmar. 

After that it will be Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore and hopefully Indonesia. 

We're planning on around 12-15 months, plenty time to relax and take it all in :D

Very nice :)

On 9/18/2017 at 8:03 PM, Paul ™ said:

Now, that is exciting. No wonder you are well happy. I've been to a few of those places and enjoyed them all. Good luck to you on your travels. Are you going to write a blog?

Things are going well for me at the moment. I am on the right tracks with my anxiety/panic attacks. I managed a visit down to Nottingham and last month I went down to visit my youngest in St Albans. I am having a party as well for my 50th in November and I am going to approach the DWP with the idea to get back to work or study but very slowly. Youngest has started her first year at uni studying music and I have 2 others that have started their final year, one in Game Design which he really enjoys. All in all I can't grumble which makes a pleasant change for me ;-)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Things are going well for me at the moment. I am on the right tracks with my anxiety/panic attacks. I managed a visit down to Nottingham and last month I went down to visit my youngest in St Albans. I am having a party as well for my 50th in November and I am going to approach the DWP with the idea to get back to work or study but very slowly. Youngest has started her first year at uni studying music and I have 2 others that have started their final year, one in Game Design which he really enjoys. All in all I can't grumble which makes a pleasant change for me ;-)

Hello rufus. Glad things are going well for you xx

17 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

That's good to hear Rufus. Hope that things continue to improve for you. All the best.

I suppose that I should mention a certain happiness in that I have finally moved out of Birmingham and in to a little country town which the River Severn runs through. Our last year in Birmingham was a difficult one, to say the least. We had our rented house and attached shop burgled continuously (about seven or eight times, I forget which) over the single year period. Not only that, but the shop was, effectively, loss making. We managed to sell our own house in Birmingham, pay off our debts and buy a, get this, Grade II listed country cottage which was built in 1652! The house is a quirky thing of beauty, and has a big garden to match. The house only cost approximately half the cost of what we got for our house in Birmingham. Maybe when the Severn rises this winter I'll find out why, but the previous owner says that the property never flooded in the 12 years he was in it.

Anyway, I'm away from the city and am happy to be so.  I needed a life change. The only downside is that I'll not see as much of my parents and brothers than I did before. It's a bit of a butter pill to swallow that one, so I try not to dwell on it too much. Anyway, we are still up to our eyes in packing boxes etc, and don't know where anything is. I must pull my finger out and get this place sorted.

50 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I suppose that I should mention a certain happiness in that I have finally moved out of Birmingham and in to a little country town which the River Severn runs through. Our last year in Birmingham was a difficult one, to say the least. We had our rented house and attached shop burgled continuously (about seven or eight times, I forget which) over the single year period. Not only that, but the shop was, effectively, loss making. We managed to sell our own house in Birmingham, pay off our debts and buy a, get this, Grade II listed country cottage which was built in 1652! The house is a quirky thing of beauty, and has a big garden to match. The house only cost approximately half the cost of what we got for our house in Birmingham. Maybe when the Severn rises this winter I'll find out why, but the previous owner says that the property never flooded in the 12 years he was in it.

Anyway, I'm away from the city and am happy to be so.  I needed a life change. The only downside is that I'll not see as much of my parents and brothers than I did before. It's a bit of a butter pill to swallow that one, so I try not to dwell on it too much. Anyway, we are still up to our eyes in packing boxes etc, and don't know where anything is. I must pull my finger out and get this place sorted.

The house and country setting sounds idyllic yog. here's wishing you better luck there and some peaceful times - or at least, only invited guests.

You can Skype your family, and maybe meet somewhere halfway between yours and theirs. You'll have quality time with them, then. when you have full visits with them.

I hope you enjoy your new home, it sounds wonderful xx

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, feral chile said:

The house and country setting sounds idyllic yog. here's wishing you better luck there and some peaceful times - or at least, only invited guests.

You can Skype your family, and maybe meet somewhere halfway between yours and theirs. You'll have quality time with them, then. when you have full visits with them.

I hope you enjoy your new home, it sounds wonderful xx

Thank you for those kind words feral. I'm hoping that it brings us some longer term stability. Last year was spectacularly different to all my previous years on this planet. There were good times, bad times, and mad times, just like any other year - but this one was different. At the end of the year we were clutching by our fingertips trying to stay sane in that place. Then, I arranged a removals company to move all our stuff (I've always moved my own stuff over time before, but I just couldn't face it at the end of the day ). They then decide to down tools two thirds of the way through the job, and demand more money to finish the job - even though they had quantified the job and given a quote ie. not an estimate. I tried to remonstrate that their quantifier was fault, but they were having none of it. Then, exasperated, I emailed them that 'I was going to go to town on them, and that I didn't give a fuck that they knew where I lived, and would probably break my legs, but I was going to buy the domain name that said the same initial name as their company, but was followed by the words 'are bandits'. Well, they didn't like that. Not one bit. They sent an email back saying that I was a psycho, and that they'd call the police on me etc. I couldn't have given a bollocks if they called the police or not, but kind of naturally woke up the next morning all full of the joys of life, so wrote an email back to them, telling them that all was well with the world. I told them not to worry as I was going to deal with it myself.

And then the next wave of shite hit me. Anyway, I could go on, but suffice it to say, that it's very early days here. I can't think that it'll not be nice, but you never know. Oh, and we have to (according to my wife) sort of technically got to create a radar shield around us, in that she is now referring to herself 'officially' as someone with another name entirely. She believes in paying personal debts off, but that big finance houses, utility companies etc, can go fuck themselves. And it's very difficult not to agree with her.

Anyway, I'd better stop there, because I now realize that since I don't know where to stop, that at my earliest convenience, may be what's required. 

14 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you for those kind words feral. I'm hoping that it brings us some longer term stability. Last year was spectacularly different to all my previous years on this planet. There were good times, bad times, and mad times, just like any other year - but this one was different. At the end of the year we were clutching by our fingertips trying to stay sane in that place. Then, I arranged a removals company to move all our stuff (I've always moved my own stuff over time before, but I just couldn't face it at the end of the day ). They then decide to down tools two thirds of the way through the job, and demand more money to finish the job - even though they had quantified the job and given a quote ie. not an estimate. I tried to remonstrate that their quantifier was fault, but they were having none of it. Then, exasperated, I emailed them that 'I was going to go to town on them, and that I didn't give a fuck that they knew where I lived, and would probably break my legs, but I was going to buy the domain name that said the same initial name as their company, but was followed by the words 'are bandits'. Well, they didn't like that. Not one bit. They sent an email back saying that I was a psycho, and that they'd call the police on me etc. I couldn't have given a bollocks if they called the police or not, but kind of naturally woke up the next morning all full of the joys of life, so wrote an email back to them, telling them that all was well with the world. I told them not to worry as I was going to deal with it myself.

And then the next wave of shite hit me. Anyway, I could go on, but suffice it to say, that it's very early days here. I can't think that it'll not be nice, but you never know. Oh, and we have to (according to my wife) sort of technically got to create a radar shield around us, in that she is now referring to herself 'officially' as someone with another name entirely. She believes in paying personal debts off, but that big finance houses, utility companies etc, can go fuck themselves. And it's very difficult not to agree with her.

Anyway, I'd better stop there, because I now realize that since I don't know where to stop, that at my earliest convenience, may be what's required. 

it's a fresh start. your chance to put all the toxic crap of the last year behind you. I'm glad you got the opportunity for a new life :)

5 hours ago, feral chile said:

it's a fresh start. your chance to put all the toxic crap of the last year behind you. I'm glad you got the opportunity for a new life :)

Thank you once again feral. I normally shy away from certain situations, but in this instance I'll not - I truly hope you get the all clear, and that you get given a new life too. Wishing you all the best. :)

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you once again feral. I normally shy away from certain situations, but in this instance I'll not - I truly hope you get the all clear, and that you get given a new life too. Wishing you all the best. :)

Thanks yog. I'm in hospital tomorrow and getting a free boob job and tummy tuck on Tuesday.

My daughter's envious :)

Love this poem. Best beg for a shag ever.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44688/to-his-coy-mistress

To His Coy Mistress
BY ANDREW MARVELL
Had we but world enough and time, 
This coyness, lady, were no crime. 
We would sit down, and think which way 
To walk, and pass our long love’s day. 
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side 
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide 
Of Humber would complain. I would 
Love you ten years before the flood, 
And you should, if you please, refuse 
Till the conversion of the Jews. 
My vegetable love should grow 
Vaster than empires and more slow; 
An hundred years should go to praise 
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze; 
Two hundred to adore each breast, 
But thirty thousand to the rest; 
An age at least to every part, 
And the last age should show your heart. 
For, lady, you deserve this state, 
Nor would I love at lower rate. 
       But at my back I always hear 
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near; 
And yonder all before us lie 
Deserts of vast eternity. 
Thy beauty shall no more be found; 
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound 
My echoing song; then worms shall try 
That long-preserved virginity, 
And your quaint honour turn to dust, 
And into ashes all my lust; 
The grave’s a fine and private place, 
But none, I think, do there embrace. 
       Now therefore, while the youthful hue 
Sits on thy skin like morning dew, 
And while thy willing soul transpires 
At every pore with instant fires, 
Now let us sport us while we may, 
And now, like amorous birds of prey, 
Rather at once our time devour 
Than languish in his slow-chapped power. 
Let us roll all our strength and all 
Our sweetness up into one ball, 
And tear our pleasures with rough strife 
Through the iron gates of life: 
Thus, though we cannot make our sun 
Stand still, yet we will make him run.

32 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Thanks yog. I'm in hospital tomorrow and getting a free boob job and tummy tuck on Tuesday.

My daughter's envious :)

Good luck for tomorrow and Tuesday. When I went in for major surgery I kind of did an idiotic thing. I got there for about 8am, waited for half an hour, and then thought, bollocks to this, they'll not be calling me for hours. So, I went for a line of something in the toilet, came out and went back to my seat, sat down, and at that moment they called me in for surgery. Doh!

32 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Love this poem. Best beg for a shag ever.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44688/to-his-coy-mistress

To His Coy Mistress
BY ANDREW MARVELL
Had we but world enough and time, 
This coyness, lady, were no crime. 
We would sit down, and think which way 
To walk, and pass our long love’s day. 
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side 
Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide 
Of Humber would complain. I would 
Love you ten years before the flood, 
And you should, if you please, refuse 
Till the conversion of the Jews. 
My vegetable love should grow 
Vaster than empires and more slow; 
An hundred years should go to praise 
Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze; 
Two hundred to adore each breast, 
But thirty thousand to the rest; 
An age at least to every part, 
And the last age should show your heart. 
For, lady, you deserve this state, 
Nor would I love at lower rate. 
       But at my back I always hear 
Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near; 
And yonder all before us lie 
Deserts of vast eternity. 
Thy beauty shall no more be found; 
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound 
My echoing song; then worms shall try 
That long-preserved virginity, 
And your quaint honour turn to dust, 
And into ashes all my lust; 
The grave’s a fine and private place, 
But none, I think, do there embrace. 
       Now therefore, while the youthful hue 
Sits on thy skin like morning dew, 
And while thy willing soul transpires 
At every pore with instant fires, 
Now let us sport us while we may, 
And now, like amorous birds of prey, 
Rather at once our time devour 
Than languish in his slow-chapped power. 
Let us roll all our strength and all 
Our sweetness up into one ball, 
And tear our pleasures with rough strife 
Through the iron gates of life: 
Thus, though we cannot make our sun 
Stand still, yet we will make him run.

I've never really 'got' poetry, apart from this one, which affected me the first time around, and continues to do so;

Dulce et Decorum Est

Wilfred Owen, 1893 - 1918

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.

Gas! Gas! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've never really 'got' poetry, apart from this one, which affected me the first time around, and continues to do so;

Dulce et Decorum Est

Wilfred Owen, 1893 - 1918

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.

Gas! Gas! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Brilliant poem. I agree with the sentiment too.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Good luck for tomorrow and Tuesday. When I went in for major surgery I kind of did an idiotic thing. I got there for about 8am, waited for half an hour, and then thought, bollocks to this, they'll not be calling me for hours. So, I went for a line of something in the toilet, came out and went back to my seat, sat down, and at that moment they called me in for surgery. Doh!

Thanks. 

I can't say I blame you. I'm not keen on hospitals.