Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

On 17/07/2017 at 7:22 AM, eFestivals said:

first year results. :)

Cryptic. Care to elaborate? Exams? New start up business profits? Blood test results after after a health scare twelve months ago? Did I miss an earlier post?

Whatever.

I came to post that, after a really shitty couple of weeks plus, I've finally had a day where things have gone better than I could have hoped for or expected. Unusual for me lately (since Glastonbury if I'm honest).

Hopefully things are on the up. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Yup, my kid. The cryptic was cos I didn't want to be boastful, tho I was very happy.

Anyway, tis only first year, so doesn't mean much apart from a great start.

proud.

not boastful.

it's socially acceptable :)

6 minutes ago, bunique said:

Passed my theory test at the grand old age of 32. Now to try and crack the practical by Christmas!

oh brilliant. I'm 57 and would love to drive, but I'm spatially challenged - can't walk through a door without bumping into the frame!

Enjoy your freedom come Christmas :)

I've had my last day at work, now have a month off to prepare for my travels and generally see and do stuff before I go.

Plus my sister is getting married tomorrow! Went to the church rehearsal yesterday and it all suddenly became quite real. They have been together for ages and her other half is already a full member of the family so I had always just seen tomorrow as a big party, not really thinking about the semi serious bit. I'm now really looking forward to it.

Taking my daughter to film and comic con this weekend. She is really struggling with mental health issues and has a few very rough weeks (had to be found by a police helicopter only a week ago). She has spent the weekend in happiness at the young adult literature convenvention, which is part of the comic con, and like Glastonbury to her

I had to stay there also and was great fun. I love what people put into it, some amazing costumes

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Taking my daughter to film and comic con this weekend. She is really struggling with mental health issues and has a few very rough weeks (had to be found by a police helicopter only a week ago). She has spent the weekend in happiness at the young adult literature convenvention, which is part of the comic con, and like Glastonbury to her

I had to stay there also and was great fun. I love what people put into it, some amazing costumes

I'm glad you both had a nice break.

best wishes to you both xx

On 7/30/2017 at 7:24 PM, fred quimby said:

Happy to hear that you had quality time with your daughter fred, and that she had quality time too. Time is a very precious gift, and to spend it with family and friends is the wisest way to use it, in my opinion.

I'm happy today. Or, at least, I am happier than I was. We are still in the process of selling our house, which is dragging on. It was finally coming to the conclusion a few days ago when the purchaser suddenly said he was going to offer £10K less. My reaction was to politely tell him to go fuck himself (I did this via the estate agent). The estate agent was more than a little startled at my response which was to tell the buyer that he had 24 hours to come back to me agreeing to the originally agreed purchase price. The estate agent was then to tell him that if he came back after the 24 hours then the price was to be several thousand pounds MORE than what we agreed the price should be. I really don't think he was expecting that. Anyway, it worked, and he has come back with the originally agreed purchase price. Nobody will ever have me over a barrel, because I will cut off my own nose to spite my face if I think somebody is trying to 'have me in the bag'. Sometimes it helps being unhinged. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm happy today. Or, at least, I am happier than I was. We are still in the process of selling our house, which is dragging on. It was finally coming to the conclusion a few days ago when the purchaser suddenly said he was going to offer £10K less. My reaction was to politely tell him to go fuck himself (I did this via the estate agent). The estate agent was more than a little startled at my response which was to tell the buyer that he had 24 hours to come back to me agreeing to the originally agreed purchase price. The estate agent was then to tell him that if he came back after the 24 hours then the price was to be several thousand pounds MORE than what we agreed the price should be. I really don't think he was expecting that. Anyway, it worked, and he has come back with the originally agreed purchase price. Nobody will ever have me over a barrel, because I will cut off my own nose to spite my face if I think somebody is trying to 'have me in the bag'. Sometimes it helps being unhinged. 

Yog you're an original :lol:

4 hours ago, feral chile said:

Life.

Swans, cygnets, ducks, geese, dogs, cats, trees, grass, people.

A world teeming with life just a short walk away.

Such a beautiful world.

Apologies for the lame joke in the above post.

I'm, hopefully, moving to a place where my wife insists that the fairies and little people live. Well anyway, without me knowing, one of my mates had been to where we are moving, and made a film. The film showed a beautiful ivy and tree archway, then the camera panned left, and I said to myself - that's where the fairies and little people live. And then the film ended with him recording coming out of this green tunnel  and there's the house we are buying. I'd had no idea about that passage, what he showed me on film. I reacted by saying 'that's where the fairies and little people live'. My wife was right. Can't wait to introduce myself and go on the piss with them! May be a little Pixie Dust for afters. 

It is indeed a beautiful world - if you bother to look.  :-)

29 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We have finally got a completion date on the sale of our house. What a a mental 'trapped in a tumbling washing machine' experience it has been. Anyway, this is making me happy today.

Ah great stuff. Very stressful time, moving, at the best of times.

say hello to the little people for me :)

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We'll not be moving until mid September, but I'll be sure to mention you to them when we get there. I'm fairly sure that they know of your existence Alice. :)

I'm pretty sure I've caught a glimpse of them, when in the right heightened state :D )