Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

4 hours ago, feral chile said:

Hiya  Yog. I have had a look, I've been browsing so much tonight I can't remember which dress it was. No doubt I'll revisit the site and I'll post it for you :)

No worries feral - don't worry if it's going to be a ball ache (excuse the expression) trying to retrieve it. I just also found it amusing and would have liked to let others know about it. Hope you are well. :)

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:29 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

I don't suppose you could post a link to it could you? I'm fairly certain that this typo needs to be shared about a bit. :)

Hello Yog

http://www.freemans.com/products/together-fit-amp-flare-floral-print-dress/_/A-79B011_8

A lovely understated dress.ust right for a wedding held at amusical festival chapel as the rides mother.

Edited by feral chile
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, greenfairy43 said:

On Easter Saturday,  Rabid and I got married.  

We met on here - the second of two marriages that followed the Singles Thread meet in a field in Sussex on Oct 20th 2007. 

This made us both VERY happy! 

Congratulations greenfairy xx

On 4/25/2017 at 8:04 AM, greenfairy43 said:

On Easter Saturday,  Rabid and I got married.  

We met on here - the second of two marriages that followed the Singles Thread meet in a field in Sussex on Oct 20th 2007. 

This made us both VERY happy! 

Congratulation greenfairy43. Although, marrying a Rabid man will not be without it's difficulties.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

just for a change, festie organisers are making me happy. :)

That doesn't happen very much. 

Why? What are the little scamps up to?

I forgot to post in here last week, but basically last week was one of the best weeks ive had in a long while (not to put down all the other weeks recently, just this one was pretty good). Got a glastonbury ticket in the resale, and then had my next Neurology appointment on the Wednesday. Everything went as I hoped it would, We were both very happy with how the meds are working (he genuinely just asked is everything okay, I said "yes, perfect" and he was happy to move on with it).

Basically I can start applying for my driving license back, and all things being well, should be able to drive again from the 16th June (providing the DVLA don't fuck about). Don't have to see the neurologist again for another 12 months, which means me and the other half's New Zealand plans are a go, looking to move out there from September, and I can then come back next summer for the Neurologist and my Sisters wedding combined.

Pretty much everything came up Millhouse last week.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Why? What are the little scamps up to?

today a lovely festie organiser has beat up his own press office for me, to secure efestivals the pass that wasn't forthcoming.

I'd rather not have to do that, but when the press office came back after and tried to pretend they were doing me a favour I threw a few of my own punches to point out I'd got them in an armlock and there were no favours being granted by them.

And then they wanted to do phone, which is always about flannel and things they don't want a record of ... so i told them I wouldn't be calling them but they could call me if they really felt  it necessary to do more bollocks about something already sorted. My phone hasn't rung.

Such fun when I'd rather spend my time writing festivals rather than playing silly buggers with silly buggers.

My house has been on the market for a fair while now, and last week I was getting pressurized to sell it for £x amount. An amount which I thought considerably less than it was worth. With money being a very big issue with us at the moment, I nearly caved in, but didn't. Good job I didn't too. So along come two new separate parties to view the house. And they both want it. And then a bidding war started. That war has just ended with me accepting an offer of £21.5K more than I was being persuaded to sell at last week. In addition to this the winning party have no longer stipulated that I need to buy the freehold off the freeholder. I estimate this at a saving of about £4K to me. So, I'm roughly £25K up from last weeks position. 

I am well aware that this sale could fall through, and I'd be back to square one again, but really don't think this will happen. If it does go through then it means that I will have doubled my money on the original price that I paid for the house about 12 years ago. I really should go in to buying and selling houses - I made £96K on the last house that I did up before this one. The problem is that I've done up houses (mostly for my parents) nearly all my life and I'm fucked off with doing it, even though it's a lucrative game. Not only that, but I have turned in to the laziest bastard I've ever come across - with the exception of one of my brothers, whose laziness is beyond normal human comprehension. 

Anyway, if the sale falls through, then it falls through. I can be sad then. In the mean time I'm going to ride the surf board of happiness.

Oh, by the way - the reason for such a dramatic difference in price from what I bought the house for and what it's now selling for - it's the school at the end of the cul de sac that the house stands in. The school (infant & junior) always gets an 'Outstanding' report from Ofsted. The catchment area for the school is shrinking as more and more families move in to the area to get their kids in to that school. There are people who are already in the catchment area moving house closer in towards the school, because their kids aren't old enough to attend, and they know that they'll be out of the catchment area by the time their kids will be of school age. They also know that at that time, the house prices will be even more mental. 

Anyway, I never meant to ramble on at such length. Just got kind of carried away with the nuances of house sales.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My house has been on the market for a fair while now, and last week I was getting pressurized to sell it for £x amount. An amount which I thought considerably less than it was worth. With money being a very big issue with us at the moment, I nearly caved in, but didn't. Good job I didn't too. So along come two new separate parties to view the house. And they both want it. And then a bidding war started. That war has just ended with me accepting an offer of £21.5K more than I was being persuaded to sell at last week. In addition to this the winning party have no longer stipulated that I need to buy the freehold off the freeholder. I estimate this at a saving of about £4K to me. So, I'm roughly £25K up from last weeks position. 

I am well aware that this sale could fall through, and I'd be back to square one again, but really don't think this will happen. If it does go through then it means that I will have doubled my money on the original price that I paid for the house about 12 years ago. I really should go in to buying and selling houses - I made £96K on the last house that I did up before this one. The problem is that I've done up houses (mostly for my parents) nearly all my life and I'm fucked off with doing it, even though it's a lucrative game. Not only that, but I have turned in to the laziest bastard I've ever come across - with the exception of one of my brothers, whose laziness is beyond normal human comprehension. 

Anyway, if the sale falls through, then it falls through. I can be sad then. In the mean time I'm going to ride the surf board of happiness.

Oh, by the way - the reason for such a dramatic difference in price from what I bought the house for and what it's now selling for - it's the school at the end of the cul de sac that the house stands in. The school (infant & junior) always gets an 'Outstanding' report from Ofsted. The catchment area for the school is shrinking as more and more families move in to the area to get their kids in to that school. There are people who are already in the catchment area moving house closer in towards the school, because their kids aren't old enough to attend, and they know that they'll be out of the catchment area by the time their kids will be of school age. They also know that at that time, the house prices will be even more mental. 

Anyway, I never meant to ramble on at such length. Just got kind of carried away with the nuances of house sales.

Well done yog, hope it works out for you xx

Seeing my wife on the allotment tonight, with the horse poking his nose over the wall. The strawberry patch has never looked so good.

Edited by carlosj
Can't spell