Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

My landlord is increasing my rent. While not a good thing in itself, I'd had fraction-plans with friends to find a place together in a few months and this gives me incentive to stop dillying. I've been doing a fair bit more in recent weeks and my health is improving, but the prospect of a change of scenery appeals and having a timeframe makes me feel I'll be more likely to make moves to pursue change.

• Upvote 1

so , how many new mp's/msp's have inspired a song.

Andy Wightman, one of the new green msp's at Holyrood has.

It may not be entirely original.

But many people, myself include, are delighted to see him in holyrood. He is a long term advocate of radical land reform.

Any suggestions for songs for any of our other elected representatives?

On 31/05/2016 at 11:40 PM, LondonTom said:

Discovering Looe at the weekend, my first (albeit short trip) into Cornwall and it was fantastic!

I love the place, great area for walking in.  I have very happy memories of my times there and hope to return.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's my birthday today. I don't normally celebrate birthdays but did start at it yesterday. I've had a few inspired gifts and the company of fine people indeed. Don't worry, I get the irony in the last sentence.

Happy Birthday Yog, glad you're enjoying it :)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's my birthday today. I don't normally celebrate birthdays but did start at it yesterday. I've had a few inspired gifts and the company of fine people indeed. Don't worry, I get the irony in the last sentence.

Happy Belated Birthday Mr Stick!!

Hope you enjoy round 2 just as much!

• Upvote 1

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:52 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Happy birthday Yog.

My happiness thing today is having my two elder step-daughters help on the allotment yesterday in the sun. A memory day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

That lock smith course paying off :D 

Yes it may well come in to play - along with a few other services. You may (or may not) be interested to know that our flat is in the final throes (hopefully) of being sold (we are hoping that it goes through today). We have the bank details of those friends who lent us money and they'll be re-paid the instant the flat sale money goes in to our bank.

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Well done!!!  Welcome to the grown ups club :)

Thanks Barry. Unfortunately the flat sale didn't go through today but it's tantalisingly close. I'm looking forward to paying people back and getting that weight off my shoulders. Just taken a business call with someone who is going to potentially put work my way. I'm going to meet him next week to finalise details. Just got to get me some public liaibilty insurance before then. He also needs four references, but that's easy enough to sort out. Could be my own boss in a month or so's time doing something I want to do as oppossed to waking up every morning thinking that I have to work for someone else. I'll not celebrate yet though as it's still early stages. :)

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Four references ? lol  That is a bit excessive...

You are never your boss really...  You just swap them for clients / customers :D

As well as public liability you might want to consider if you need professional liability as well.

Four is excessive but it's their norm apparently. What surprises me is that they haven't asked for a DBS check, although I suspect this will be asked for in due course. I have a valid clear DBS certificate but fear that they might want an Advanced check which could present a major stumbling block.