Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah because five year olds just love a City break to ##insert random city## :D

And its Disneyland, simpleton :D

So, the culmination of all your experience tells you that Butlins and DISNEYLAND is going to be a rewarding holiday for your kids? Oh, I forgot, maybe they are a chip off the old block. In which case I would recommend that you as a family go to the Egremont Crab Fair where, I have no doubt, you will win prizes and rosettes galore.

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Oh look an idiot leaving out the facts :D

This year we are going on three holidays :) 

One is purely about fun - Butlins
One is one of those trip of a lifetime for a child - Disneyland
One is the perfect rounded holiday with a mixture of fun, culture, and experiences - South of France 

Nice, Monaco, Cannes, Arles, St Tropez, Aix-en-Provence, St-Remy-de-provence, Gorges du Verdon, Uzes, Avignon, Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer to name but a few :)

Oh yeah you left out the last one didn't you :D  Because an idiot can't win an argument based on facts :)  And its clear you don't hold out much love for what kids love either :)  

You don't sound like you have children.  Which is blessing really because I am guessing it would be left to people like me to pay for them :)

Now do fuck off and pay back your mates you scrounger :D

I like it that my existence annoys you Barry. :)

14 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

HA HA HA You wish :D  You are just everything I look down on :D

Well I have news for you Barry. We've accepted an offer on a flat which we own. Everybody who has lent me money will get paid back (as previously agreed with them when the sale goes through). So, they were only loans and never were not going to be paid back.

If you look down on me then I must irritate you in some way. Long may it last. :)

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well I have news for you Barry. We've accepted an offer on a flat which we own. Everybody who has lent me money will get paid back (as previously agreed with them when the sale goes through). So, they were only loans and never were not going to be paid back.

If you look down on me then I must irritate you in some way. Long may it last. :)

Don't bite yog, you have no need to justify yourself to judgemental strangers online - it's nice that you have friends who want to help, I'm sure you support them too, how your friendship works is between you and them.

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

Don't bite yog, you have no need to justify yourself to judgemental strangers online - it's nice that you have friends who want to help, I'm sure you support them too, how your friendship works is between you and them.

Those are very wise words feral, and ones which I shall take heed of. Thanks :)

The girls were asked at school to write a letter of appreciation to someone today, and I got one of them from my middle step daughter. After a bit of a crappy work week, that's made me over the moon.

12 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Less good trying to get the kids to go sleep :P

Blackout curtains are our saviour. The one perk of my youngest being sick is she crashed out at 6.45, despite the light, poor thing!

A surprise day off of work.

About half an hour before I'm due to leave, I get a call saying "your driver is sick, have the day off". And they're paying me for four hours as well.

Of course, I'll still owe the missed hours but gift horses and mouths eh?

Steak Tuesday beckons methinks.

In a bizarre turn of events, one of my colleagues at work bought me a lawn mower and surprised me with it when I was leaving work this morning.  I'd mentioned that mine had died on the weekend and, knowing that I'm saving every penny I have for Glastonbury he decided to buy one for me.  I honestly have never had anyone do anything like this for me before, I just didn't know how to react.

• Upvote 3