Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

After years of turmoil I have had my youngest staying over for Christmas. It's been 10 years and she has grown up but it was still great having four of them for a meal.

Thanks to everyone for the support you have given me over the years.

Nice to hear Rufus. Enjoy it while you can. Best wishes. Yog.

18 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

After years of turmoil I have had my youngest staying over for Christmas. It's been 10 years and she has grown up but it was still great having four of them for a meal.

Thanks to everyone for the support you have given me over the years.

Nice one rufus x

Just put up my 2016 Year Planner and enjoyed writing in the festivals planned so far and the holidays.  Unfortunately two overlap so I'm going to have to fly back in the middle of a two week family holiday to do one fest and then return to Portugal and make peace with everyone.

20 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Fireworks and the opportunity to annoy dog owners :D

shush now, never provoke a ginger Welsh woman. Else you'll be seeing some real fireworks.

We suffer from Intermittent Explosive Disorder :D

Edited by feral chile
  • Upvote 1

Got a provisional start date for a new job today :D Joining the darkside and will  be doing tech support for the DWP :P I got the offer the day before Christmas eve and been waiting for the DBS checks to clear, been quite relieved I don't have to carry on applying and interviewing into 2016!

Plus I will be able to start buying all those really nice vinyl boxsets again :D

20 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't know why but I just feel overwhelmingly happy this evening. That's what I'm happy about.

I'm glad you're glad Yog.

I'm pretty happy too. I've got my first Creative Writing course for the year sorted after taking a six month break.  That and a Communication Skills for Management course should help pay a few bills and get me out from under Mrs GH's feet for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Officially start my new job next Monday! :D Been waiting since before Christmas for security checks and such to clear.

Will be a shame not being able to play computer games and sleep anymore though :P

Congratulations Tom. I hope it's more rewarding than playing computer games. A word of warning though - it's a bastard getting out of bed on these cold mornings. :)

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Congratulations Tom. I hope it's more rewarding than playing computer games. A word of warning though - it's a bastard getting out of bed on these cold mornings. :)

Cheers, yeah i am been trying to acclimatize myself to getting at a reasonable hour in the morning and pretty much just been ignoring my alarm :P

A friend called around earlier this evening and confirmed that he's going to be on site at the Glastonbury festival earlier than the general public again this year. He's going to take our tent with him and pitch it for us the night before the main gates open. This makes me very happy as it means that we'll get to be with the rest of our crew who are arriving much earlier than we will be (we always camp in the same place every year). So, all I'll have to do is lug some stuff in from the car parks (easier said than done) and throw it all in the pre erected tent and then go straight to the efestivals meet up. He's even offered to bring in a whole (very heavy) large cool box full of ice for us. The man's obviously stone mad but who am I to argue with the heady ways of madness?

4 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Graduate to the CV fields Yog then you've got everything sorted.  You can arrive on Tuesday, don't have to lug any gear and after a good night's sleep you're ready to rock on Wednesday morning.

I think that's the way forward for me and the misses grumpy. I'd have gone for it this year only I just didn't have the money at the time. I was really skint and only (at the very last minute) just managed to get enough money together to put the deposit down on a pair of tickets. That said, I do need one last camping fandango with my mates who all camp (Top Webbs Ash). That'll teach me for spectacularily blowing a shed load of redundancy money etc in a single sitting. I really enjoyed it at the time though, and who knows what's around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...