Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

ohh, which one? It's something I've been contemplating.

Most importantly, does it by chance also have a wired port or two, as well?

Just went with this TP Link one. And yeah one wired port. Works fine. Modem is at the front of the house so just needed to extend the signal to the kitchen and a bit of the garden as it was a bit patchy for Spotify and phones kept switching between wireless and data which means you get no signal really!

Didn't work to well when I had it beside two walls at 90 degree angles but popped in into the plug on the kitchen counter and works great now.

Edited by The Nal

Good on you Yog.  I had a job I enjoyed once, when temping for a few months, it was like going to the pub with all your mates every night, except without the alcohol.  We just used to piss about and talk stupid shit all night and it was easy to smash out our targets in the first few hours and then just take it easy for the rest of the night.  

If you can be happy in work it is a big part of your life, so fingers crossed for you :)

• Upvote 1

Good on you Yog.  I had a job I enjoyed once, when temping for a few months, it was like going to the pub with all your mates every night, except without the alcohol.  We just used to piss about and talk stupid shit all night and it was easy to smash out our targets in the first few hours and then just take it easy for the rest of the night.  

If you can be happy in work it is a big part of your life, so fingers crossed for you :)

Cheers Spindles. You are so right, in that job satisfaction is very important. It's odd though, in that I previously worked for a housing charity for 25 years as oppossed to working now in the private sector. You'd have thought working for a charity would be cushty. It was at first but then, like many others, the chairty became corporate. I spent too many years in that later environment watching what others and myself had helped to create being ripped apart by the inept and the greedy.

Hope life's treating you well. :)

I found out that someone broke in to my wife's old flat on Friday night and we have a notion as to who it was that did it. They kicked the door in and trashed the place a little. I'm glad we decided to just enjoy the weekend instead of exacting revenge in a shock and awe type style. This is making me happy - I didn't choose the wrong path despite the pressure to do so. My wife had at first got on to her dealer to see what he could do. He could do quite a lot as it happened. No surprises there. Luckily she was talked out of that action by her son and me.

So, I hear you cry, how the fuck do you know it was them? I do because the close people around them told lies and stories that didn't add up. They only made sense if they were 'sheltering' the guilty.

My wonderful daughter getting her dream job as an ICU nurse! Went for interview this morning, just had the offer this afternoon, starts next Oct upon successful graduation of her nursing degree. 

If you only knew the journey she has been on to get to this point; there isn't a dry oneeye in the house. :):) 

Off out to celebrate!!

• Upvote 2

Congrats Oneeye.  My daughter got her mental health nursing degree last year and is now happily working in Bristol after being offered all three jobs she interviewed for.  Things may change for the next generation after Gideon's announcement today that students studying to become nurses will no longer get grants, just loans.

23 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Congrats Oneeye.  My daughter got her mental health nursing degree last year and is now happily working in Bristol after being offered all three jobs she interviewed for.  Things may change for the next generation after Gideon's announcement today that students studying to become nurses will no longer get grants, just loans.

Thank you grumps, 'twas good celebrations last night. Mental health eh, good effort that :)

Called in on my other daughter today to see how she's getting on with her twins born 10 weeks ago.  Helped bottle feed one while she fed the other.  Got mine settled and off to sleep in my arms when a visitor called. "Ooh, could I hold her?" she asked.  So I passed her over.  Two minutes later babe threw up big time.  Milk all over the visitor and not a splash on me!  Lucky escape - or it's the way I hold 'em..