Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I've had a very full week doing local touristy things to celebrate my son's 21st birthday. We've been to the Welsh hawking Centre, visited the beautiful house and gardens at Dyffryn Gardens, went sheep trekking in Brecon, visited Folly Farm in Tenby, we're going to The Caerphilly Big Cheese Festival tomorrow, and have tickets for a tour and afternoon tea at Llancaiach Fawr, in Nelson, hopefully Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Also going to the Big Cheese today (one day we'll actually meet Feral).

But the good thing about my day is that I've just been given a new set of lightweight quick-erect poles for my caravan awning by my very kind next door neighbour to replace my rather heavy old and bent ones.

No smutty jokes about quick erections but we managed to put it up and take it back down in just 30 minutes.

He's selling his 2 berth caravan with a lovely awning but now some rather bent poles.

it's been really nice, it's easy to take things for granted.

Are you from South Wales then?

Yes definitely, it's so easy to get caught up in life sometimes, that you forget to stop and enjoy it.

Yeah I'm from Swansea. I live in the Midlands at the moment though. I'd love to move back to Cardiff at some point, but there's no jobs there at the moment.

Yes definitely, it's so easy to get caught up in life sometimes, that you forget to stop and enjoy it.

Yeah I'm from Swansea. I live in the Midlands at the moment though. I'd love to move back to Cardiff at some point, but there's no jobs there at the moment.

No, there aren't many career opportunities here. My daughter did her degree in Swansea, she loved it :)

lol. Sorry I should not laugh but I once served with a lad from the Mumbles, essentially he was known as "Taff" Evans. It wasn't until that we were all moving our different ways that we found he was a Tony. I visited him once and got some stern looks when I shouted "What was it you wanted Taff?"

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

finally moving out from home for the first time since uni tomorrow, is making me extremely happy  :D

My eldest moved back after Uni. It took him 2 bloody years to get a place of his own. Which reminds me, he has been gone 6 months so I really to visit his flat. He is only a 20 minute walk but I can never be arsed.

lol. Sorry I should not laugh but I once served with a lad from the Mumbles, essentially he was known as "Taff" Evans. It wasn't until that we were all moving our different ways that we found he was a Tony. I visited him once and got some stern looks when I shouted "What was it you wanted Taff?"

stern looks from whom?

I got the piss taken severely when I was 16 in my first job, I had to report sales figures to London, and they used to beckon each other around the phone so they could laugh at my accent, the sods. Even my Cardiff colleagues used to take the piss out of my Valleys accent.

I learnt to speak slowly and coherently, though there's still a Welsh lilt there - when I worked in the Contact Centre I was always getting complimented on my accent.

Edited by feral chile

:lol: brilliant!

South Wales accents vary SO much though, I've developed a soft spot for some of the various welsh regional accents.

There are still clearly distinguishable Welsh regional accents but back 50 or so years ago there was very little mobility in the South Wales Valleys - in the sense that people lived, worked and tended to marry in their communities.  So you could then tell by the accent not just what valley people lived in but even what village they came from.

Today with much greater mobility, with people commuting to work in the cities like Cardiff and Newport or moving away to Uni, it's much harder to pin point people by their accents.

After a year of hassle my sick benefit has been sorted and I have been put in the support group which I was not expecting. A bonus was the benefit has been backdated for the past year. It is a relief I can tell you.

Oh brilliant news.

I have just avoided slashing myself with a Stanley knife around the neck area. Totallly accidental, I hasten to add. I was trying to do a bit of craft work ( as opppossed to Kraftwerk) when the Stanley knife suddenly stopped what I wanted it to do and then decided to do it's own thang and go for my throat. Somehow I managed to shoo it off at the last moment. Just thought I'd share that. In the mean time...

Oh my Lordy, wouldn't you know it, here it comes again;

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick