Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Visited daughter Lizzie in hospital tonight after she had  five and a half hours of surgery yesterday to remove two large cysts from her innards.  Last night, the day of the op she was still pretty doped up but tonight she was off most of the drips and stuff and thinking pretty clearly.  Now a 10 day wait for the results of the biopsy but fingers crossed.  Then six weeks off work for recovery so hoping for some decent weather for her to enjoy the garden.

They really don't let people hang around in hospitals these days.  Just had a phone call to say she can be discharged this afternoon.

She'll be able to put her feet up and watch Glasto on the telly.

Visited daughter Lizzie in hospital tonight after she had  five and a half hours of surgery yesterday to remove two large cysts from her innards.  Last night, the day of the op she was still pretty doped up but tonight she was off most of the drips and stuff and thinking pretty clearly.  Now a 10 day wait for the results of the biopsy but fingers crossed.  Then six weeks off work for recovery so hoping for some decent weather for her to enjoy the garden.

fingers crossed, GH, best wishes to Lizzie x

I have just won £3000's worth of high spec garden furniture via a competition that I entered. Just what I need as I'm thinking of selling up and buying a narrowboat. lol  Hopefully I'll be able to shift it via ebay or some other angle and get a decent few quid for it. Anyway, winning it has made me happy - or at least happier than I was.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off to Australia today to meet my daughter & head off for a three week adventure!

This makes me very, very happy!

Managing to swim away from the crocodile which attacked me yesterday made me VERY happy indeedy!!!!!!;

Edited by greenfairy43

My band has received interest from a record label who have just signed a worldwide distribution deal with Rough Trade records. We're playing a showcase for them in Camden on the 4th Aug, if all goes well, we'll release a song through this label, work our asses of for the year then (and now I'm in fantasy land) get signed to Rough Trade.

:O

You went swimming where there are crocodiles?! I don't even like the fact that I am on the same planet as them. let alone go swimming anywhere near where they may be.

In Australia you get fresh & salt water crocodiles. Salties are the big, fucking dangerous ones & you don't go anywhere near water they may be in. Freshies are smaller & more timid & don't attack.

Unless you get a bit too close. I got a bit too close, I went to see the croc people had spotted & thought it was on the bank. Not in the water....luckily the Aussie woman next to me took the bite, even though onlookers said it was going for me.

Turns out I can swim and scream at the same time!!!

I also survived a very close & prolonged contact with a cassowary,a huge, lethal bird! We were trying to back away from it but the bloody thing kept going where we went!

Oh, and swam with a shark on the Great Barrier Reef!

Back home on one piece now!

I also survived a very close & prolonged contact with a cassowary,a huge, lethal bird! We were trying to back away from it but the bloody thing kept going where we went!

Oh, and swam with a shark on the Great Barrier Reef!

Back home on one piece now!

You should have tried juggling a few Sydney funnel-web spiders while you were over there greenfairy43 as you are obviously trying to kill yourself. lol  On a serious note though it sounds like you had the fab time you were hoping for which is great.

You should have tried juggling a few Sydney funnel-web spiders while you were over there greenfairy43 as you are obviously trying to kill yourself. lol On a serious note though it sounds like you had the fab time you were hoping for which is great.

Spiders? Absofuckinlutely not!!

Very, very, VERY happy to report no arachnid mishaps/close/any encounters. That was my biggest fear!

I have to say Australia blew any expectations I may have had right out of the water. It was truly incredible!

Edited by greenfairy43

• 2 weeks later...