Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I feel really good today, I've had stuff gong on in work that's finally resolved in the most positive way possible - as a result of my feedback, the wording of our HR guidance was changed, so I feel vindicated, and have actually influenced policy.

I've also got a diagnosis for the crappiness my health has been lately, and it's simply anaemia. So not only do I feel vindicated there (it's been a long hard struggle to get the doctors to actually run any tests, they kept telling me it was my age/stress, and leaving me with the impression that I was a neurotic hypochondriac) I've actually been treated and am now feeling better. Loads of symptoms have started to ease.

So, I'm feeling rather empowered and proud of myself today. :)

Edited by feral chile

I feel really good today, I've had stuff gong on in work that's finally resolved in the most positive way possible - as a result of my feedback, the wording of our HR guidance was changed, so I feel vindicated, and have actually influenced policy.

I've also got a diagnosis for the crappiness my health has been lately, and it's simply anaemia. So not only do I feel vindicated there (it's been a long hard struggle to get the doctors to actually run any tests, they kept telling me it was my age/stress, and leaving me with the impression that I was a neurotic hypochondriac) I've actually been treated and am now feeling better. Loads of symptoms have started to ease.

So, I'm feeling rather empowered and proud of myself today. :)

Nice one feral. Happy to hear you are in a good frame of mind of late, and that your health issue has been nailed.

Thanks all. I already knew about the underlying cause of the anaemia but the original condition wouldn't have given me all the symptoms I was getting. It's a relief to know what's wrong.

One important lesson though, is to believe in myself and to keep being stubborn in the face of discouragement :)

Edited by feral chile

as a result of my feedback, the wording of our HR guidance was changed, so I feel vindicated, and have actually influenced policy.

Similar thing has just happened for my father as some might know he fell off his home scaffolding a few months back (one of the reasons I've been off efests along with my RN & special constable training). Glad its happening for you, all the best.

still not seen The Hives

You really need to!! I saw them at their Brixton show last week (for the 3rd time) and they are as every bit as good as when I saw them at Reading and Glastonbury! Was worried that short festival sets worked better for them with just doing the hits...but yeah blew me away again!

I am happy as I finally booked to go Bestival :D So last one of the year, unless Freeze has a great lineup!

Myself and my wife have been invited to rather a sw*nky house party tonight. We've been told to bring our swimwear if we want to use their indoor swimming pool. On top of that I have just found a batch of long lost mushrooms. Me and the wife have vowed not to go on these again, but I know for a fact that the owner of the house loves them. So, that's the present sorted out.

Although the house (if it can be called that) has things like a 3D cinema room etc, it's really the artwork there that I am most keen to see. The owner commissioned a piece of art off me, and I'd like to see how it compares to his other commissions.

This is making me happy today.

Well don't do what I did last time I had to go to a posh party. Got drunk beforehand with my friend, wandered into the garden and fell into their fishpond. They had to give me a bath and send me home in borrowed overalls.

I'll try my best, but can't promise anything. Looks like there's going to be some heavy hitters there, so maybe we'll all be going home in borrowed overalls. I've only ever entered a fish pond unconsciously when I was in my teens. I was on glue that night - not something I'll ever repeat.

luckily I wasn't unconscious but I must have been seriously drunk, because I didn't even realise I'd fallen in. There was no sense of going from vertical to horizontal, just a confusion as to why there was suddenly no air, and then a bobbing sensation as I (or my body) managed instinctively to surface.

Though I must have been pretty much unconscious to all intents and purposes, yet unfortunately with full motor function still :)

It is but problem is i have been sleeping in it because i was annoying my partner with my pregnancy snores. Going back to my boring grown up bedroom will be crap after spending these last few weeks surrounded by jungle themes!

I see a jungle themed grown up bedroom in your horizon...

After being jobless for a month due to the last company i worked for going into forfeiture I have now left the bar industry after a 12 year career and have a new job working for a major UK institution.

Working in bars and clubs is like working for the mob,once you're in you don't get out lol so I'm over the moon.I was the first person interviewed at 9am today for one of four positions with the interview process lasting until Thursday next week but they phoned me at midday today to offer me one of the four as they said I bowled them over and they didn't want to risk losing me.

I'm proper buzzing!

• Upvote 3

Nope, actually a zero-hours contract.

Yep, I'm genuinely happy to get one.

Fantastic! Yep they actually work quite well for a fair number of people, especially if you employed by a decent person. Suited me loads at Uni, as I'd be able to say I couldn't make it in for certain weekends etc. but during the holidays/christmas I picked up extra work.

I'm proper buzzing!

Well done!! Always a buzz when you ace an interview and it looks like they actually want you specifically to work for them!

Edited by LondonTom