Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Living with friends. I may be unemployed and struggling to find the energy to find work at present, but I am far far happier on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour basis living with people I enjoy spending time with. Everything's just so much easier.

Glad to hear it. Just take your time and look after yourself smile.png

Edited by feral chile

It's too hard to explain rationally but I'm just happy at the moment. Thanks for reading. Hope you are happy too.

Same here. I don't think I've ever felt this happy and confident about myself and life in general before. Been walking around with a massive grin on my face, people must think I'm a nutter or something, but it's brilliant.

Went out on a subcrawl on Saturday round Glasgow. A subcrawl is basically a pub crawl arranged arounf the Glasgow underground stopping at every stop, having a drink and heading on to the next pub. Fifteen stops so needless to say by the time we were finished we were pretty drunk but a great day out was had by all and i'll definitely be doing it again.

As the crisp autumnal breeze filled my lungs, I could hear the freshly fallen leaves crunch beneath my robust footwear and the sycamore glowed an almost fluorescent glow as it stood before the early sunset, a solitary bird sang it's sweet song... For once in my life I felt real.........................

Then I looked down and found a quid!

As the crisp autumnal breeze filled my lungs, I could hear the freshly fallen leaves crunch beneath my robust footwear and the sycamore glowed an almost fluorescent glow as it stood before the early sunset, a solitary bird sang it's sweet song... For once in my life I felt real.........................

Then I looked down and found a quid!

You should possibly buy a lottery ticket with the quid as you're obviously on a roll. Good luck!

After 6 weeks of postponing my (re-)start date back at my old job, I finally started today, got a contract signed for 11 months, and was warmly welcomed back by my old colleagues. It was really nice to not just get a job, but to be remembered fondly and welcomed back.

Thanks peeps, it was getting really frustrating with them constantly saying they were awaiting approval, and it just constantly not happening, but having finally got there it's definitely worth it.

Edit:

Another awesome thing today, one of my flatmates cooked for me when I got home from work. Great to have that even though I know it won't be every day that I'll get it sometimes helps loads.

Edited by kaosmark2
  • Upvote 1

I'm happy today because I'm heading to Oban later as I'm getting married tomorrow. Not only do I get to marry the lovely man whom I met via these forums (wullie72), I also get to have a mega party with our festival family who are making the long trip north party.gif

• Upvote 2

I'm happy today because I'm heading to Oban later as I'm getting married tomorrow. Not only do I get to marry the lovely man whom I met via these forums (wullie72), I also get to have a mega party with our festival family who are making the long trip north party.gif

Where abouts you getting hitched?I originally come from South Uist just across the ocean from Oban,its the port we use to get off the island.How is Wullie,I remember him posting in the T forum years ago.

Congratulations btw!

• Upvote 1

Cheers for your kind words feral and spindles.Life in some respects is seeming better but in other respects its a long road.My addiction issues are an on going struggle and I'm not going to lie on here I responded very negatively over my arguement with my best friend.My friend who I confided in with my issues was incredible though and said "ok,that's your one free pass.You know you've done wrong but I understand.No more,I'm here for you" which was exactly what I needed and made me more positive.

I can't help but feel abit empty though.It seems like the sparkle has gone out of my life.

Where abouts you getting hitched?I originally come from South Uist just across the ocean from Oban,its the port we use to get off the island.How is Wullie,I remember him posting in the T forum years ago.

Congratulations btw!

Thanks. Getting married in Oban at McCaig's Tower. Willie is great!

We're heading to South Uist for our honeymoon! Willie's dad is originally from there too :-)

Edited by treacle

I can't help but feel abit empty though.It seems like the sparkle has gone out of my life.

I had the same feelings when I gave up alcohol (back on it now but in a more moderate way). I originally gave it up because I had to as it was killing me. At first I had the same feelings as you are having. They went away over time and as I got more involved in doing other things with my life. I also started a fitness regime (mostly swimming) which helped enormously. The natural endorphines do lift the spirit. Good luck.

Thanks. Getting married in Oban at McCaig's Tower. Willie is great!

We're heading to South Uist for our honeymoon! Willie's dad is originally from there too :-)

If you pop into Daliburgh Coop then look out for a woman with the name tag Marjory,that's my mum lol!Say hello and it'll make her day,after being flustered and confused as to how you know me haha.Don't mention any of my worries I've written though lol.

I think I remember Wullie saying something about he was related to Duncan who used to drive for Hebridean Coaches,or am I making that up?

Thats your addictive voice talking. Its important to recognise that your addiction is trying to kid you into feeding it.

I realise it but I must be honestas there is no point lying on here.I have drunk.No drugs but I have drunk.I keep justifying it aswell which I hate.I've not been drunk but the past two nights I've had a drink after work.First night I did it because I wanted to get to know one of my bosses and it seemed the only way to break down the barrier and bond and tonight because I did some pro plus to get through a shift so I thought I'd have a beer to counter it.

I was on the verge of going to Tescos on my way home now to get more booze to carry on but managed to come home instead and sat here with a cup of tea instead.In some respects I've done well but the fact is I've still had a drink.

In my head I think I face a real cross roads when my first pay check comes in.I need to buy some trainers so I can start going running after I finish work to detract from the urge to drink but the other thing is with money in my wallet I know I will be able to fund a 'session',that's when the hard work will begin trying to battle that demon.