Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Finally did the last of the Christmas shopping today so can shut the doors and chill till we have 13 here for Christmas lunch..

Mrs GH has just retired from her job so she was showered with farewell cards and a good few bottles of excellent bubbly which we can enjoy over the festive season.

Soon to see all my kids and grandkids under one roof.

i know this will make people puke, but I'm so lucky that at age 16 I had the sense to appreciate the value in the man I was to marry 3 years later. And who still puts up with me nearly 35 years later.

• Upvote 1

Soon to see all my kids and grandkids under one roof.

i know this will make people puke, but I'm so lucky that at age 16 I had the sense to appreciate the value in the man I was to marry 3 years later. And who still puts up with me nearly 35 years later.

The best sort of Christmas :)

This is my first Christmas without all my kids here for Christmas dinner and it feels weird but I'm sure the delights of a beach party in Koh Pangang will in some way make up for missing my Christmas dinner.

My youngest son has not spoken to me for over 2 years. Had a meet up yesterday and we got on like a house on fire. He is coming round for dinner later but more importantly is moving in soon. :-) Over the moon and nothing can spoil the day for me :-)

Chuffed for you. Glad things are going well for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

very nice. Any idea why? People searching for alternatives .... ?

guess so.

I had one of the big cheeses at glasto ask me if I was worried about this year with no glasto. I've not been worried about no glasto for efests since 2001 when I saw it didn't have much effect.

I'm still mildly surprised tho for how it's held up this year, given the recession and the general lack of interesting acts.

that efestivals is getting more traffic in a non-Glasto year than it got last year with all the glastonbury traffic.

Result. :)

And just to prove it, last night for the V announcement was a new forums record - the most ever is now 6,246 users. :D

That's taken me by surprise! I wasn't really expecting much traffic at 9pm on a Sunday night, so much so that I wasn't even paying attention to the load on the servers until it was too late and everything was horribly overloaded - if I'd have been on the ball and done the necessaries to reduce server load I'm guessing that it would have been many more.

I have noticed a change in some of my friends summer habits.

Some are ditching their summer holiday in favour of festivals, others who never go to festivals are starting to go.

Also, I've noticed some of those who normally go to the same festival every year are branching out a bit.

Just an observation.

Anyway, I'm happy cos I'm on holiday.