Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

After nearly 6 months out of work,my father having a stroke,finding out my grandfather was a homewrecker,burning out all my savings to survive...I finally have a job and money coming in.Just in time for Muse this weekend coming,even managed to get myself an extra ticket this week for the second night.Life actually feels good again.

I got an interview, after months of looking for a job!!!

One downside is it's in Manchester which would mean renting a room there and coming home at weekends, but the pay is brilliant.

The other thing is my work have finally agreed to give me a promotion :D it won't start until January, but finally after 3 years and one HNC i will finally progress from administration into Site Management!!! The pay probably won't match the offer from Manchester, but its at least on the career path i wanted. At 33 i'm finally on my way! :D:D:D

Why do these things always happen at once! :lol:

Not sure what to do now, shall i go to Manchester for the interview and see what happens or shall i just focus on my current situation?

One downside is it's in Manchester which would mean renting a room there and coming home at weekends, but the pay is brilliant.

The other thing is my work have finally agreed to give me a promotion :D it won't start until January, but finally after 3 years and one HNC i will finally progress from administration into Site Management!!! The pay probably won't match the offer from Manchester, but its at least on the career path i wanted. At 33 i'm finally on my way! :D:D:D

Not sure what to do now, shall i go to Manchester for the interview and see what happens or shall i just focus on my current situation?

Congratualtions on both fronts. I'd go to the interview if I were you, seems like you've got everything to gain and nothing to lose. What sort of site management will you be doing by the way?

Awesome, good luck with either but I'd try for the interview as you could use it as a bargaining chip to get more money out of your current company.

I work for a main contractor currently building a commercial office in Central London, I'll be working on the Cat B, fit-out of some of the building for new tenants. Sub-contractor management, H&S etc.

Not far off the field I work in then. We work as a sub-contractor on a lot of water works. I hope you're going to be a nicer site manager than a lot of the ones I deal with.

Not far off the field I work in then. We work as a sub-contractor on a lot of water works. I hope you're going to be a nicer site manager than a lot of the ones I deal with.

Well that depends, on whether you can get the work done on time in a safe manner! :P

FFS!! I now have another company want to see me for interview...this is getting silly. Its as a planner though which i don't really want to do so i think i'll skip it.

I'm finding it really hard to say no the the recruitment guy though, after months of being practically ignored by agencies they are starting to get pushy again. Time to grow a pair Bun. :D

FFS!! I now have another company want to see me for interview...this is getting silly. Its as a planner though which i don't really want to do so i think i'll skip it.

I'm finding it really hard to say no the the recruitment guy though, after months of being practically ignored by agencies they are starting to get pushy again. Time to grow a pair Bun. :D

Sept is always the busiest period for hiring people, during the summer people (managers who ok it) are on holiday or looking after kids, and Nov-March comapnies have the winter holiday season and the new finical year and try to not hire so they can project into the estimated monies.

Really not sure why I know this, as I don't work in recruitment or management. Thank god.

Going on holiday in 1 week!! first abroad holiday without my parents! :ph34r: im almost 27! :ph34r: - i haven't been away for 10 years. Me and my man are having a very romantic holiday in Egypt, all inclusive 5 star hotel!! can not WAIT!!

Edited by Rachie