Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

My last Glasto was a sober one. Bit weird but still fun. Didn't find it too hard, but I hadn't had a drink for over a year at that point

I have done a few festivals sober, but never Glasonbury. When I chose to go on the wagon last time it was a fallow year and the year after I didn't go. Luckily I have work to keep me occupied as well :P

My mum just gave me Quarentine the Past, The Best of Pavement on CD. Absolute quality!

Plus to top it all up I'm going to a friends bday gathering/piss up at the malt shovel! Nice one! :P

Jealous!!

Say hello to my brother! :P

My new group of friends. I say new, but I've actually been hanging out with these guys for about 2 years now, but compared to the old group comprised of people I have known since school and college it us a new group.

It's such a different environment, the insecurities that polluted the old group aren't anywhere to be seen, so time isn't mostly spent on the defensive running others into the ground. The blokes are allowed to go out and stay out as late as they want because there's actually trust in their relationships, conversation is better, the level of maturity is higher despite most of them being 3 years younger.

Overall there's the fact that we're friends because we enjoy eachothers company whereas with the other group it always felt a bit forced - almost like we were friends due to convenience more than anything else.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not severing ties completely, in fact I still see the others quite regularly, but knowing that that bunch of fickle and unreliable characters aren't my only option for social interaction makes me very happy :P

aw that's good. your other pals did sound like idiots. :P

Apple Donuts!

:P

At 14 my dad used to send me to the offie with a note to buy cider for him :P

"Dear Sir, as you can see, my child is hideous, please supply him with enough alchohol for myself to forget my shame. He has a wheelbarrow waiting outside. Yours, Anon."

:P

Edited by Cardboard Box City

Lol, I don't know what your brother looks like, so I may or may not have said hi to him! :P

Small, short hair, glasses, Black Country twang to his accent, probably f**king around with his iPhone or talking to the landlord about the ales (he's involved in Sussex CAMRA).

Anyway - I'm happy today because I'm going to a wedding and seeing loads of old mates for the first time in ages - not seen most of them since my son was born.

The wife is staying home with the lad so I can let my hair down a little bit - it doesn't happen very often!!

I love this thread! Tis nice to acknowledge the things in life we are grateful for/happy about!

Today i'm happy because the sun is shining, the washing is drying on the line and I can stand up straight for the first time in a week after knackering my back doing the garden last weekend.

I'm really grateful for my friends - some of whom I might not see from one year to the next, but who I know will be in my life forever just because of their fantasticness!

I got onto the Documentary Photography course at the University of Newport and I cannot wait! It is something that I am so passionate about and it is regarded as the best course in the country for that area.

On top of that I have an amazing girlfriend, have taken up running and am thoroughly enjoying it and am going to Glasto '10....isn't life great when you take a step back from the daily stresses.

What a great thread.

Just got back from an absolutely cracking time jamming with my mates in a completely empty Horsham Park, had the whole house to myself today and tommorow I don't have to be in college till 1:30.

Seriously, could life get any better than this? :P :P

a) do you go to Collyers? And b.) what secondary school did you go to? Humour me :P

Edited by bunique

Not sure about this threads naked displays of happiness. Not very British is it? Anyway, here goes.

1. I'm happy that Liverpools disastrous season is almost at an end.

2. I'm happy that Glastonbury and my summer gigs are drawing closer.

3. I'm happy that i'm going to Italy for the first time in August.

4. I'm happy i found my soul mate.

5. I'm happy every time i listen to Oasis.

Thats all the happiness i can bear for now.