Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAX:On and APE curating the dance tent a night each is amazing news

Both of them commonly have amazing lineups containing scratch perverts, caspa, rusko, benga, logistics, erol alkan, skream, noisia as well as loads of other awesome up and coming acts

aaaaah happy

+1 on this - the state of the campsite was horrendous when we left on the Monday morning (not us I hasten to add!). More bins in the car parks and campsite wouldn't go amiss I think, especially if there's going to be 2000 more people this year. Bin and recycling bags handed out on entry ala Glasto would be useful, I don't remember getting any last year. A couple of portaloos in the car park would be good as well, we found what looked like human excrement next to our car on the Monday morning!

Hi There

I have just come across Kendal Calling and Im really thinking of coming. Im use to going to the "bigger" festivals but have somewhat become frustrated by the fact they seem more interested in the commercial aspect rather than the true music lovers.

Question - Is this a more family friendly environment and therefore would you recommend it being suitable for my 4 year old daughter aswell. I would never dream of taking her to one of the Glasto type festivals but as this appears a lot smaller and more intimate, I wonder what other peoples thoughts are especially if you have been to Kendal Calling before?

Thanks

based on the coffee i had at v last year they probably crapped in it to improve the flavour...although the guy who sold it me was very nice, he gave me a free doughnut, think he felt a bit sorry for me...it was sunday morning about 7am, i was still drunk and had my shorts on back to front so couldn't figure out why my pockets were 'broke'...i actually said at one point 'my shorts aren't working properly'...

Went last year. Had an awesome time- discovered loads of new bands and really enjoyed taking it easy in the sun outside the real ale bar. Craig Charles was ridiculous fun so glad he's back.

Totally agree that there needs to be more to do late on- I wasn't really up for cramming into the Traffic tent to watch people get pilled up and jump about. A different tent with some DJs playing rock or funk with some room to dance would be ideal.

There really needs to be more stuff open before the Arena opens. I lost the will to live after queuing for 30mins in the rain to get a cup of tea. Saying that, the food and drink stalls were great when you eventually got through the queues.

Yey to the Craig Charles appearance. Tried to get in the tent last year but it was rammed :P

Looking forward to the other announcements. Finally made a decision (there's quite a crowd of us so getting everybody to make their minds up is a chore) & we're going :P;):O

Rufus/PD - See you at 3 festies this year then :P

Just a quick question - the family field. A few of us have little uns - can we all camp in the family field or would we have to go in the quiet field instead ?