Bringing a campervan - what do I need to pay for?

Guest binka

Yes you do:

Camper vans

Please purchase a campervan ticket at £40 if you are camping in a live in vehicle. A live in vehicle is defined as any vehicle you intend to sleep in during the festival. There will be a specific camper van area, and all other vehicles will be parked in the car park. In addition you will need camping passes per person.

....wait a minute, so me and the missus will be 40 PLUS 2 x 20 = 80 quid!!!!!!

It wasn't so in the past and, frankly, seems a complete RIP-OFF. This needs clarification from Young Wychwood Office. 80 quid (more if there are more than two!) to park up on a bit of a racecourse with little or no amenities - gotta be wrong!

Its right, I double checked when I booked tickets. I know all festivals probably charge more for campervans but I don't understand why. It does seem like a total rip off.

A campervan takes up less space than a car and a tent. Also I use my own loo in the van so I'm using less facilities than a camper. I reckon people with vans should pay less not more.

I think Wychwood have been a tad 'underhand' here.

Seems to me that, rather than increase the 'Ticket Price' overmuch, they have introduced a 'camping charge'.

So, rather than the TRUE ticket price being £X PLUS £20/head camping - the headline MARKETING ticket price will still be £X.

EVEN MORE if you come in a campervan - but they'll point to 'coochy coo' exclusions and 'you could always stay in one

of Cheltenham's nearby Hotels' etc.

...as I say, a 'tad' underhand. A big question mark on this one I'm afraid, which is a shame! (even makes Larmer Tree seem like a bargain)

• 2 weeks later...

I think Wychwood offers great value for money, and kids are free so for most people it’s one of the best value festivals. There is a caravan club site within walking distance too if people don't want to stay at the racecourse in camper vans.

I live locally and don't usually camp on site for the festival, so I was happy to see that the camping is now sold separately from the ticket price. It seems a much fairer way of doing things.

Right---lets get this into perspective---and a simple question (sorry i dont have lot access to tinternet atm so not able to check prices etc etc), so...

2 adults --- 1 child of 10 one child of 4 and 1 child of 1 (plus 2 kids in their 20s) My God--I MUST stop copulating..however,my sperm is strong--commend me!

err,where was I?

Yes--- so for me and our lass and the 3 bairns of the apocalypse...how much this year compared to last.

Same caravan, full weekend.

I`m a bit confused by the above figures as i not been able to study the rates.

Then, I`ll be able to put a Gratedenini opinion on it.

den