Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

Is.that.a.model?

I think (OK I can tell) it's a "fake tilt shift". It's a technique that became a bit of an Internet craze. Basically you Photoshop a picture to make it look like it's a hamfisted macro photo of a model. Apply lens blur to the foreground and background, so only a very specific distance is in focus. Often fiddle with the colour levels so it's more contrasty and colourful (the "model maker" has used bright paints).

Flickr examples: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=fake%20til...shift&w=all

Ironically, if you were actually trying to take convincing photos of a model, you'd strive to minimise all these effects. You'd use a small aperture to maximise depth of field, you'd move the camera in low so it wasn't an overhead shot. You'd mute the colours if they appeared too bright.

This really is a lovely picture at this size - but I did have an early thought that the Tor is in the wrong place.

Blow it up as I have done to try it for for a screensaver, and it is a really horrible photoshop mishmash. Sorry - maybe that's just me.

Are you sure?

Take a look:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&...082397&z=15

Expand to fit your screen & pan over. Look at the angle of the pyramid.

Wine bar at dawn - magic times!

Glastoatdawn.jpg

Seeing the Radio 1 stage reminds me of what happened years back !

Wandering past about lunchtime , there was not a soul about , but give the DJ credit he kept going and as I walked

passed he stuck a Stone Roses mix on.

I decided to stop and have a solo rave !

About 5 mins later my mates walked passed and one said to the other

"Look at that for dedication I reckon he has been there since 2.00 am ! "

:P

Are you sure?

Take a look:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&...082397&z=15

Expand to fit your screen & pan over. Look at the angle of the pyramid.

It was expanding it to fit my screen that made me think there was something wrong with it, but then that one that people are asking whether it's model, is just a weird thing people do with the focus. Either way - blown up, the colours and the persective look all wrong to me so I didn't like it so much on closer inspection.

Obviously how you look at the pyramid isn't an exact science, but i have a sense that pennards is behind it, and the tor is off to the right. I am willing to be wrong on this for now, but I will be double checking when I get there!

Obviously how you look at the pyramid isn't an exact science, but i have a sense that pennards is behind it, and the tor is off to the right. I am willing to be wrong on this for now, but I will be double checking when I get there!

The Tor is to the left of it, hidden behind it, or to the right of it depending on where in front of the Pyramid stage you are standing. :P

Seeing the Radio 1 stage reminds me of what happened years back !

Wandering past about lunchtime , there was not a soul about , but give the DJ credit he kept going and as I walked

passed he stuck a Stone Roses mix on.

I decided to stop and have a solo rave !

About 5 mins later my mates walked passed and one said to the other

"Look at that for dedication I reckon he has been there since 2.00 am ! "

:P

That was a great stage, but obviously got a bit to crowded at night.

On a Sunday afternoon whilst wondering past, me & a mate saw Fatboy S. lurking in the background. We hung around to see what might happen. He came on wearing a stags head & preceded to play a great set of what can be best described as eclectic - dance tunes mixed in with cheesy hits of the eighties (I can't remember which song, but a Queen remix was a highlight for me)

What I found ironic is that he played to thousands the night before, but there must have been a maximum of 100-200 that afternoon with everybody wandering past wondering who that dick on stage was.

It was the start of a great day for me that just got better & better.

Ah, I Love Glastonbury. :P

Pardon my ignorance... what is Windinglake Farm?

Bit like Air America

Linky...

Edited by jamiejc