Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glastonbury 2014.

After a few pints and a walk up the hill at the top of the park I tried to take a panorama shot with my phone. Couldn't get my head around why it wasn't working but I was holding the phone in the wrong way up - portrait rather than landscape - and it stacked the shots on top of each other. Was going to delete the failed attempt until I saw the result. Anyone recognise these legs?

33590757.7ca006f7.640.jpg
  • Upvote 2

270182_10150228545016606_8241186_n.jpg

Excellent photo.

You just know it's the lair of a looney who has somehow not only acquired, but been able to put up, a newish looking (for the time) tent . That it's pitched in the wrong place is neither here nor there. It doesn't look like they have returned to the tent since putting it up and going out for the night. That tent will witness a very different, almost feral, person returning to it. What strange primordial carry on did that tent witness I wonder.

• Upvote 3

That it's pitched in the wrong place is neither here nor there. It doesn't look like they have returned to the tent since putting it up and going out for the night. That tent will witness a very different, almost feral, person returning to it. What strange primordial carry on did that tent witness I wonder.T

Absolutely. Very well put. It's not the tent that's the star of the show there, it's the tiny patch of greenery behind it, alluding to the environment in place at is construction, surely in contrast with its current isolation, speaking to an absence of inhabitants and an imminent discovery of its solitude. I wonder what became of its owners? Whether they ever came back? I wonder if this speaks of the ill-founded ambition to anchor the exploits of hedonists who lost their souls to the SE corner, or whether this represents the steely resolve of those who even at the time of the photo were inside, sleeping off the abandon of the night before...

• Upvote 1

Excellent photo.

You just know it's the lair of a looney who has somehow not only acquired, but been able to put up, a newish looking (for the time) tent . That it's pitched in the wrong place is neither here nor there. It doesn't look like they have returned to the tent since putting it up and going out for the night. That tent will witness a very different, almost feral, person returning to it. What strange primordial carry on did that tent witness I wonder.

Absolutely. Very well put. It's not the tent that's the star of the show there, it's the tiny patch of greenery behind it, alluding to the environment in place at is construction, surely in contrast with its current isolation, speaking to an absence of inhabitants and an imminent discovery of its solitude. I wonder what became of its owners? Whether they ever came back? I wonder if this speaks of the ill-founded ambition to anchor the exploits of hedonists who lost their souls to the SE corner, or whether this represents the steely resolve of those who even at the time of the photo were inside, sleeping off the abandon of the night before...

Love these commentaries!
My reaction was a little more rudimentary at the time...being from Yorkshire just thought... 'wazzock.' Can't even remember where this was too clearly...think somewhere near John Peel. I also think it was quite early on in the festival as well. I ended up with the pet theory that someone with a crew pass put it up for a mate on Tues...but, being a noob, put it in the wrong place ..then the intended occupants never found it. Who knows. It's a great image though ...so many possibilities.

I ended up with the pet theory that someone with a crew pass put it up for a mate on Tues...but, being a noob, put it in the wrong place ..then the intended occupants never found it.

There's help out there you know, you've just got to reach out for it! lol :)

It's a great image though ...so many possibilities.

I couldn't agree more.

Anybody else 'out there' thought of another theory on the tent island, and it's living history?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...