Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

I got so excited looking at all the pics (of Glastonbury not of the girl!) that I think a little bit of wee came out!

Just looking at a photo can bring over such a strong emotion - it's amazing

More pictures... more... I want more...

Posted a new blog yesterday and its one big slide show so you can go to my link if you like

Edited by George Saguna

glasto2nn-1.jpg

glasto-3-1.jpg

glasto-4-1.jpg

Did you manually take the different exposures for these and render them as HDR photos or is there a photoshop plugin which acheives the same results?

Did you manually take the different exposures for these and render them as HDR photos or is there a photoshop plugin which acheives the same results?

Its neither HDR and neither a plugin. I merge a some layers together the base of which are a coloured copy and a black&white one over it blended in with soft light or multiply. Its a long time since I did those photos but I will check if I saved the action.

I can't say how George did it but you can get extreme contrasts like that by doing an Unsharp Mask with large radius. You need to create a duplicate layer and set it to color mode first so you can control the colours independently.

edit: it's splitting hairs but the photos look tone-mapped, not HDR. Tone-mapping's often done at the same time as HDR processing so it's common for the two to be mixed up.

Edited by halvin

Its neither HDR and neither a plugin. I merge a some layers together the base of which are a coloured copy and a black&white one over it blended in with soft light or multiply. Its a long time since I did those photos but I will check if I saved the action.

I can't say how George did it but you can get extreme contrasts like that by doing an Unsharp Mask with large radius. You need to create a duplicate layer and set it to color mode first so you can control the colours independently.

edit: it's splitting hairs but the photos look tone-mapped, not HDR. Tone-mapping's often done at the same time as HDR processing so it's common for the two to be mixed up.

Admittedly my photoshop knowledge is pretty much zero, i just liek that effect and would like to learn how to do similar... It would look aweseome used on a trash city/shangrila.

This lady's charade when emptying her campervan loo had us and all our neighbours in stitches! - You have to wonder what she did when caught short in the festival site!

Ha! :P

The splashback from those chemical loo emptying tanks can be very nasty though! No such problems from the longdrops in the festival itself.

edit: this is the time she forgot to wear the chemical warfare suit:

00006d9x.jpg

Edited by jameshunt

Stunning images George. In awe of your talent!

Check out STONE FREE PHOTOGRAPHY

Thanks a lot for your remarks Chesh but its really glastonbury which leaves me in awe every time I visit it.

glasto-caravan-1.jpg

glasto-kids-field-1.jpg

I tried to have a look at the link you posted. Great photos though the site was jamming a bit for me. But lovely black and white (which is my favorite photography)

Edited by George Saguna

Posted a new blog yesterday and its one big slide show so you can go to my link if you like

George.. Slight typo in your link there..

Love your photos..

Making me think about getting the old Minolta SLR out and hauling it around with me.

And you can still get HP5.. :P

I went through 80gig of memory cards

I had 120gig and I used them up all

:P By my calculation you'll hit 1TB on 28th September.

A slightly more useful calculation is that 80GB is approximately 6500 Canon 40D raw photos and 120GB is around 9800. That works out at around 1.7 photos per minute and 2.5 photos per minute respectively (allowing time for sleeping).