Your favourite Glasto images

Madabout G

I think nowadays it's a straight choice between a full-on DSLR, or a little pocket compact.

Compacts for less than £100 - Fuji, Canon etc. do pretty much everything you could want UNLESS you want to get super geeky about it, in which case you're looking at big heavy SLRs.

Oh, there's Olympus's in-between thingy, which is intriguing.

I think nowadays it's a straight choice between a full-on DSLR, or a little pocket compact.

Compacts for less than £100 - Fuji, Canon etc. do pretty much everything you could want UNLESS you want to get super geeky about it, in which case you're looking at big heavy SLRs.

Oh, there's Olympus's in-between thingy, which is intriguing.

I have the Panasonic DMC-FZ38, one of those 'in-between thingy's lol it's brilliant. I know 2 professional photographers who use it as their general, personal camera.

All the 'in-between thingy' cameras are judged by it's standard so it's a good place to start, you won't find a bad review about it. I've even read 'the only way to get a better picture is with a DSLR and all the kit that goes with it'

Cheapest I've seen it though is £240.

I just spent three months of research and settled on a Nikon D90...shot 600+ photos over the weekend and it rocks...I'm very pleased.

For reviews and ideas, here's a good site:

http://www.dpreview.com/

A close 2nd was the Nikon D5000 which costs a bit less.

There is no way in hell I'd take a £700 camera to any festival, your a brave man! I don't like the idea of taking my camera and it was less than half that price!

This thread is tempting me to invest in a decent camera. Anyone have any tips?

Got a decent Samsung compact on Tescos outlet store, it's refurbished and cost a little over forty quid. 10Mp, face detection, 3x optical zoom etc. Comes with a years warranty too.

I recommend having a little look for the Tesco outlet on eBay - there are some things that aren't that great a deal, but happy with what I got.

EDIT: Had a quick search for you - Click here if you're interested in a look.

Edited by OneLittleFish

Got a decent Samsung compact on Tescos outlet store, it's refurbished and cost a little over forty quid. 10Mp, face detection, 3x optical zoom etc. Comes with a years warranty too.

I recommend having a little look for the Tesco outlet on eBay - there are some things that aren't that great a deal, but happy with what I got.

EDIT: Had a quick search for you - Click here if you're interested in a look.

damn you im meant to be saving for glasto!! HAHA :P

seriously though thanks ill be checking back at that store regularly

There is no way in hell I'd take a £700 camera to any festival, your a brave man! I don't like the idea of taking my camera and it was less than half that price!

Maybe I'm naive?

I've never even been close to any festival of this sort. That's why I'm planning a whole trip around coming to it.

But, taking good photos to bring home is a huge part of each trip that I take. Slowly, but surely I've been improving my skill over the years. I pretty much plan to have it in my hand the whole time, if not I figured I could use a lock up for it to store for a while.

I don't want to derail an awesome thread, but I will consider maybe bringing my old Olympus that cost about half as much...

We'll see how brave I end up feeling...:P

Maybe I'm naive?

I've never even been close to any festival of this sort. That's why I'm planning a whole trip around coming to it.

But, taking good photos to bring home is a huge part of each trip that I take. Slowly, but surely I've been improving my skill over the years. I pretty much plan to have it in my hand the whole time, if not I figured I could use a lock up for it to store for a while.

I don't want to derail an awesome thread, but I will consider maybe bringing my old Olympus that cost about half as much...

We'll see how brave I end up feeling...:P

I think the idea of not bringing an expensive camera to Glasto is the worry of getting too pissed and dropping it or losing it. I know I'd probably do something like that, I'm a nightmare. The lock ups are safe and I would leave your camera there NEVER in your tent.

A good rule I use for Glasto is never take anything you would be devastated not to bring home. I'd be pissed off if I ruined some of the clothes or lost my phone at Glasto but I'd get over it. I use that rule because I tend to get mashed off my face most of the time while at the festival.

If you carry it with you and are confident you will be careful then go for it. If you're that organised maybe you could take the camera out in the day and put it in lockups for the evening.

Thanks for the tips, will check out that store when I get home (work ebay filter)