Boxing

Cardboard Box City

Khan may fight Marcos Maidana in April in what would be his first fight in the US:

Story

Likely to be the undercard of Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr

Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr fighting? In 2010? Thats almost as bad as the UFc main event of Randy Couture v Mark Coleman. In fact, it may be worst because at least Coleman is competitive, whereas Roy Jones Jr is so far over the hill he's actually in a valley.

watched a documentary of prince naseem on espn. was about the build up and aftermath of his fight in vegas to barerra.

he comes across as the total nob that we all know him to be. what was it he was in trouble wi the police for recently?

He fled the scene of an accident in which someone was proper f**ked up, and it was his fault.

The blokes a complete c**t, I've been saying this since he was fighting butchers and binmen and acting like the big I am because of it. He fought a proper fighter and got dusted.

He's a right blimp now as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ricky Hatton has lost it now. He needs to give it up. It shows how much of a psychological sport boxing is, most boxers go downhill once they've lost one big fight. I saw him recently and you could see in his face he'd lost something, he wasn't all cocky and confident.

I haven't seen a decent boxing match for ages.

• 2 weeks later...

Amir Khan is making his American debut at Madison Square Garden against Pauli Malignaggi.

Malignaggi is very much like Khan in style, very quick hands. He fought Hatton in one of Hatton's comeback fights before he faught Pacquiao, in which Hatton really tortured him and it ended with Malignaggi holding Hatton at every opportunity until his trainer threw the towel in.

I expect Khan to win but it should be an interesting fight.

Its on ITV at about 3am on Saturday night - even though I thought Khan was signed up to Sky?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a big boxing match happening in the very early hours of tomorrow (11am!) on Skysports.

The 'boxing binman' Rendall Munroe is fighting for the WBC Super Bantemweight title against Toshiaki Nishioka. He's expected to lose but he was in his last fight (where he started crying dedicated his win to his aunt Julie who'd snuffed it some days previous).

Oy oy the binman!

• 3 weeks later...