Boxing

Cardboard Box City

Klitschko whenever he wants after the sixth.

Can somebody explain to me who exactly David Haye has beaten?

Do people need reminding that Valuev is a big lug with no skills who won a VERY controversial split decision to Evander Holyfield? Who was a 44 year old puffed up Crusierweight? 40 year old never had a prime John Ruiz? Fraudley?

Hes beaten nobody. But hes quick and has a big punch. Klitschko is very predictable and if Haye stays away from the right jab he should pull it off. Hes too quick to let Klitschko break him down. Klitschko has gone down before from weakish punches.

From about 2.30.

Fighters can improve, but a chin doesnt strengthen. And Klitschkos is weak.

Haye looking for a rematch. Not going to retire now etc etc.

Pack it in David.

just watched that video you posted. incredible. there for the taking, but only if you go and attack. which haye doesn't do in any great form until the 12th when it's far too late.

shite match, just glad my brother gets them for free.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The fact that Ali treated him the way the way he did, demonstrates just how good Smokin' Joe was - very few intimidated Ali, Joe did.

Agree, probably the best left hook ever

I was reading how people were shocked at Ali's attitude given that Frazier was one of those that helped him financially when he had a ban for refusing to go to Vietnam.

I was reading how people were shocked at Ali's attitude given that Frazier was one of those that helped him financially when he had a ban for refusing to go to Vietnam.

Yeah Ali treated a lot of people like that though.Frazier wasn't the brightest*, God bless him, and should've known it was just Ali being Ali.

*Ali called him an "Uncle Tom" - Frazier didn't know what that was and thought Ali was calling him a peeping Tom.

*Ali called him an "Uncle Tom" - Frazier didn't know what that was and thought Ali was calling him a peeping Tom.

I don't where you got that from but it's wrong.

Frazier understood the Uncle Tom insult alright, he took it for the insult it was, because it was true, at least in the sense that he did 'work for the white man' for many years in South Carolina - he just didn't see that as anything to be ashamed of.

I don't where you got that from but it's wrong.

Its not.

Initially he didn't know what it meant. He told Eddie Fudge and George Foreman that he thought it was Peepin Tom.

As per interview with Foreman here. Good interview actually.

"I don't want my wife thinking I'm peeping into windows".

The Guardians article is the best I've read about it this morning.

Edited by The Nal

Three fantastic documentaries.

Also the only doucmentaries I have seen about boxing.

Check out Sugar Ray Robinson - Bright Lights and Dark Shadows of a Champion. Another essential and one of only two boxers who could be considered to be greater than Ali, the other being Joe Louis.

Sugar Ray - 200 pro fights in a career spanning 25 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

R.I.P. Angelo Dundee.

Perhaps the greatest trainer ever. 90, good age. I loved the way he referred to Ali as "my guy" in interviews.

Trained Ali for 20 years, corner man for Sugar Ray Leonard, trained Foreman on his comeback when he won the world title, trained Carmen Basilio and even trained Russell Crowe before Cinderella Man, my favourite boxing movie.

Also, Mayweather has announced hes fighting Miguel Cotto now and not Pacquiao as first thought. <_< Still should be a good fight, Cotto is no pushover. Hes only lost two fights, one of the being to Manny. Or "Miss PacMan" as Mayweather called him yesterday.

Edited by The Nal