Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that The Who will be performing "Quadrophenia" at the end of March at the Royal Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust. That's now my bet for one of the headliners, supported by Them Crooked Vultures.

And since I last posted, the Stevie/Glastonbury scenario has progressed a little! Good timing, I think! :P

Well there are tons of bands about this summer so it could be anyone, Stevie Wonder would be interesting.

I am also skeptical about Muse playing, although it would fit with the logistics it makes no sense to play another London gig (which HRC would effectively be). I would be interested to know if The Answer were in line for somewhere on the bill as they were great supporting AC/DC.

As for Metallica they are once again rumoured for Download.

Personally the dream ticket would be Them Crooked Vultures, Foo Fighters and Queens of The Stone Age but there is no chance of that...

My own dream lineup at the moment is:

Friday: Pearl Jam w/(I don't really care, Pearl Jam will be worth it alone)

Saturday: Stevie Wonder w/Crowded House, ...

Sunday: The Who w/Them Crooked Vultures, ...

I don't think that's TOO much of a "fantasy" dream, it could happen. But I'm just not sure if The Who would play it again, would they? When did they last play, something like 2006? They would need to do Quadrophenia or something to make the performance "different" from the setlist last time (I haven't seen them before mind you, so I wouldn't mind a greatest hits set! :P )

The Gaslight Anthem's UK dates leave them free for both Glasto and HRC.

June 22 - Birmingham (UK) Academy 1 (headline show)

June 23 - Glasgow (UK) ABC (headline show)

June 24 - Manchester (UK) Academy 1 (headline show)

June 25

June 26 - London (UK) HMV Forum (headline show)

June 27

June 28

June 29 - Oxford (UK) Academy 1 (headline show)

After their performance last year, I can't see the organisers being worried about having them 2 years in a row! Their new album should be out that week too.

Even if their not - then the chance of PJ on Fri and a GA headline show on the Sat make for a great weekend!