The U2 warm up threads

Guest The Nal

Im a MASSIVE U2 fan (but 'In Gods Country' is the weakest song on the Joshau Tree' IMO! :P )

Feel physically sick i dont have a ticket for Glasto, ive been wanting to go for years but was unable to get a ticket thsis year! U2 are a brilliant live band and will do down a treat on the Pyramid!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to (and including some of) Rattle & Hum, U2 were great. Then they started slowly creeping up their own arses, became more pretentious and the music suffered badly IMO.

I'd be tempted to watch them if I thought they would be playing their earlier stuff, but from what I hear, their shows these days only have a couple of the early classics in. Don't think it will be worth standing around for a couple of hours listening to the crap stuff and looking at flags just to hear 1 or 2 great songs.

Its clearly better than Red Hill/Wires/Exit/Mothers.

I think it's also better than Bullet/WOWY but I know millions would disagree.

Its up there (no better or worse) than Streets & SHFWILF.

I would admit that its not as good as Running to Stand Still or One Tree Hill. That said theres not that many songs better than those two IMO. Both flawless pieces of genius.

To be honest I think Bono will have enough intelligence to play a more greatest hits type set rather than the one's they put on at their shows for their die hards.

If he realises that it is glasto and not everyone is there for them then I would have thought it will be a very interesting Friday night!

xx :P xx

Well I think that U2 is an excellent choice as it means I can certainly rule out the Friday night headliner. What's more they are an incredibly popular band that will attract a very large crowd to the Pyramid stage, which means more space over in Trash City/Shangri La/anywhere else but the Pyramid.

Well done Eavis, now bring on Muse and Coldplay. May as well go for the bland middle of the road hat-trick on the Pyramid.

It's U2 at Glasto, not a U2 gig. It could be brilliant. Seen them a few times and always very good, but the Stadium gigs tended to be full of people who 'just had to see U2 once in my life' rather than music fans, or people who ACTUALLY like them. Hopefully Bono won't be TOO over the top, as this is the main point that grates with most.